• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe, a few questions

caminomartin

Time of past OR future Camino
la plata
Hey, please redirect me if these questions have been asked before: I'm going to start out my Camino from Malaga at the Mozarabe route around march 14. and wondered how it works with the Albergues from Malaga and up until it hits the La Plata at Merida. First of all of course if they are open this early ( from middle of march)? Also if someone knows if there is list of adresses, phone numbers, practical info regarding the Albergues at Mozarabe, who to contact, etc.? Would be very thankful for any kind of info :)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hey, please redirect me if these questions have been asked before: I'm going to start out my Camino from Malaga at the Mozarabe route around march 14. and wondered how it works with the Albergues from Malaga and up until it hits the La Plata at Merida. First of all of course if they are open this early ( from middle of march)? Also if someone knows if there is list of adresses, phone numbers, practical info regarding the Albergues at Mozarabe, who to contact, etc.? Would be very thankful for any kind of info :)
Hi, Caminomartin,

Welcome to the forum. You should start by scrolling through the Mozarabe subforum, which has many threads that will interest you. Both @amancio and @Magwood have walked from Malaga, so look for posts by them. Most forum members who have walked the Mozarabe have walked from Almeria, but as you know it meets up with the Malaga branch and has a lot in common.

The Almeria amigos take care of all the albergues between Almeria and Granada, so you should be in contact with them, and take a look at their wonderful guide, which is updated every month, even though the first part is not going to be relevant for you.

It's an absolutely wonderful route, IMO.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I would start from Almeria, I am currently walking the Mozarabe, the Albergues are open. I am on Day 5 tomorrow Guadix.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I would start from Almeria, I am currently walking the Mozarabe, the Albergues are open. I am on Day 5 tomorrow Guadix.
Thanks for your respons, great to hear from someone walking right now! And yes, that might be a good idea. I have around 50 days in total to get to Santiago (could be a few more) so wonder how long it takes from Almeria to Merida with a no rush, but still steady tempo? I'm in fairly good shape and It looks like one can do some double stages some of the days (but of course hard to judge just from looking on the map)

Hi, Caminomartin,

Welcome to the forum. You should start by scrolling through the Mozarabe subforum, which has many threads that will interest you. Both @amancio and @Magwood have walked from Malaga, so look for posts by them. Most forum members who have walked the Mozarabe have walked from Almeria, but as you know it meets up with the Malaga branch and has a lot in common.

The Almeria amigos take care of all the albergues between Almeria and Granada, so you should be in contact with them, and take a look at their wonderful guide, which is updated every month, even though the first part is not going to be relevant for you.

It's an absolutely wonderful route, IMO.
Thanks, yes, also considering to walk from Almeira but wondering if i'll make it to santiago from there. I have around in 50 days. And will dive deeper in to the Mozarebe forum, thanks :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks, yes, also considering to walk from Almeira but wondering if i'll make it to santiago from there. I have around in 50 days. And will dive deeper in to the Mozarebe forum, thanks :)
I just finished walking from Malaga to Cerro Muriano. It was a wonderful walk, especially the first three days over the mountains. Most of the albergues where open, but the one in Doña Mencia was closed. I called a number and someone came with the key to the albergue or sometimes it was in a bar or store. I didn’t meet any other pilgrims until the routes from Jaen and Almerida joined with the one from Malaga. The camino was very well marked mostly on small dirt roads with no traffic. It went through nice little villages and some bigger towns.
I can’t understand why there aren’t more people walking this route.
You can contact Asociacion Jacobea de Malaga for more information. They were very helpful and quick in answering my e-mails.
I highly recommend this camino, but if you want company, walk with a friend.

I just finished walking from Malaga to Cerro Muriano. It was a wonderful walk, especially the first three days over the mountains. Most of the albergues where open, but the one in Doña Mencia was closed. I called a number and someone came with the key to the albergue or sometimes it was in a bar or store. I didn’t meet any other pilgrims until the routes from Jaen and Almerida joined with the one from Malaga. The camino was very well marked mostly on small dirt roads with no traffic. It went through nice little villages and some bigger towns.
I can’t understand why there aren’t more people walking this route.
You can contact Asociacion Jacobea de Malaga for more information. They were very helpful and quick in answering my e-mails.
I highly recommend this camino, but if you want company, walk with a friend.
It's the same , one other pilgrim I have seen, all albergues open

What a great way to celebrate my birthday on March 14!!!! Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What a great way to celebrate my birthday on March 14!!!! Buen Camino
Depends on how many days you have free, Porto will be raining guaranted. North Spain will be Cold. I would suggest either Mozarabe or VDLP

Depends on how many days you have free, Porto will be raining guaranted. North Spain will be Cold. I would suggest either Mozarabe or VDLP
I am not sure that you this post was meant for me. I was writing to the poster that the day he was thinking about leaving was my birthday. By the way I do love Porto and i just walked the vdlp from Sevilla last October - December. I am not sure when you were saying Porto will have rain. I was there for 8 days in December and it was really nice. Love Portugal!

Thanks for all the responses! However, I changed my plans so that I now start out from Sevilla on the vía la plata tomorrow the 18. As I sense the Mozárabe will be a little to long for my 45 days. So the Mozárabe next time. But for now, la plata. Will be great! :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back