• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues from Porto in february

Barbara06

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy - Pamplona (2011-14)
VDLP (2015)
Portuguese (2015)
Francigena (2016)
Primitivo (2017)
Hello,

Has anyone walked on the camino Portugues in February ?
Especially on the Coastal one from Porto.

Barbara

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello,

Has anyone walked on the camino Portugues in February ?
Especially on the Coastal one from Porto.

Barbara

Hi, yes, end of Feb 2016. Leaving Esposende, the wind and the rain came in horizontally off the sea. We struggled to stay upright. We made it to Viana do Castelo, but it was still raining and windy next day, so we took a bus to Ponte de Lima, and continued on the central route in calmer weather. I returned to Viana at the end of May last year, and was then able to complete the coastal route. You can’t tell what the weather will be like on that coast. You might get lucky in Feb, but have Plan B just in case.
Jill

Thanks for the reply Jill. The weather right now and for the following week seems great but don't know how long it will last. I will have to think of a Plan B. Did you meet any other pilgrims in February ? and where the albergues open ?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There are very few albergues on the Coastal Route. There are plenty of albergues on the Central Route that are open in winter. Note that the Xunta albergues in Galicia have no blankets. They might put the heating on in the evening, but it will go off during the night, so you need a warm sleeping bag for the municipal albergues.

We saw a few other pilgrims on the Coastal Route, but not many. There were quite a lot once we crossed over to the Central Route.
Jill

Once you continue on the Central Route do not miss the Casa Fernanda.
Her phonenumber is +351 914 589 521
Fernanda speaks english.
The distance from Porto to Vitorino dos Piães where Fernanda lives is about 80 kms.
Anyway 18 kms past Barcelos on the waymarked caminhopath.
The hospitality is without peer on the CP. Do not ruin your welcome by mentioning my name.
Bom Cominho,
Arn

Once you continue on the Central Route do not miss the Casa Fernanda.
Her phonenumber is +351 914 589 521
Fernanda speaks english.
The distance from Porto to Vitorino dos Piães where Fernanda lives is about 80 kms.
Anyway 18 kms past Barcelos on the waymarked caminhopath.
The hospitality is without peer on the CP. Do not ruin your welcome by mentioning my name.
Bom Cominho,
Arn
Did you misbehave at Fernanda's :) Arn . Or you did not sing along with them ?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I just heard from José Luis of the Via Lusitana that they have opened a pilgrim office in Lisbon. It only opens in the afternoons — every day, from 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM. It is a small room in the...
Last night the skies over the Camino Portugués lit up in the most incredible way. It was a mystery to me until I saw the headlines this morning that a meteor had flown overhead. Did anybody else...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back