Barbara06

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy - Pamplona (2011-14)
VDLP (2015)
Portuguese (2015)
Francigena (2016)
Primitivo (2017)
Hello,

Has anyone walked on the camino Portugues in February ?
Especially on the Coastal one from Porto.

Barbara

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello,

Has anyone walked on the camino Portugues in February ?
Especially on the Coastal one from Porto.

Barbara

Hi, yes, end of Feb 2016. Leaving Esposende, the wind and the rain came in horizontally off the sea. We struggled to stay upright. We made it to Viana do Castelo, but it was still raining and windy next day, so we took a bus to Ponte de Lima, and continued on the central route in calmer weather. I returned to Viana at the end of May last year, and was then able to complete the coastal route. You can’t tell what the weather will be like on that coast. You might get lucky in Feb, but have Plan B just in case.
Jill

Thanks for the reply Jill. The weather right now and for the following week seems great but don't know how long it will last. I will have to think of a Plan B. Did you meet any other pilgrims in February ? and where the albergues open ?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There are very few albergues on the Coastal Route. There are plenty of albergues on the Central Route that are open in winter. Note that the Xunta albergues in Galicia have no blankets. They might put the heating on in the evening, but it will go off during the night, so you need a warm sleeping bag for the municipal albergues.

We saw a few other pilgrims on the Coastal Route, but not many. There were quite a lot once we crossed over to the Central Route.
Jill

Once you continue on the Central Route do not miss the Casa Fernanda.
Her phonenumber is +351 914 589 521
Fernanda speaks english.
The distance from Porto to Vitorino dos Piães where Fernanda lives is about 80 kms.
Anyway 18 kms past Barcelos on the waymarked caminhopath.
The hospitality is without peer on the CP. Do not ruin your welcome by mentioning my name.
Bom Cominho,
Arn

Once you continue on the Central Route do not miss the Casa Fernanda.
Her phonenumber is +351 914 589 521
Fernanda speaks english.
The distance from Porto to Vitorino dos Piães where Fernanda lives is about 80 kms.
Anyway 18 kms past Barcelos on the waymarked caminhopath.
The hospitality is without peer on the CP. Do not ruin your welcome by mentioning my name.
Bom Cominho,
Arn
Did you misbehave at Fernanda's :) Arn . Or you did not sing along with them ?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

So, before I began my third Caminho Portuguese from Lisbon in April of this year, I had a week with a friend who lives in the Algarve beforehand. However, literally on the first night of landing...
We are walking the Camino Portuguese heading north from Tomar . A friend walking with us desperately needs to buy hiking poles. Where can we find a store on the Camino that sells poles? Thanks for...
Please keep an eye out for samsung phone. Lost between Pontevedra and split for the spiritual route. Pink case. Photo of a little dog on home screen
Hello! I lost my blue correction glasses between the flower stall (on the way between Arcades and Pontevedra) and Pontevedra 2 days ago. I might have forgotten them in the Igrexa de Virxe...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back