• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portuguese June 18 2022

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We are about a week behind you. Arriving in Porto on 22nd of June and headed out on the 24th.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It should be a good time of year to walk it, nice weather but not too hot, plenty of people but not overcrowded etc. I was considering waiting until September but that was way too long to wait😁

We walked the Portuguese in May and ran into horrible heat but a nice walk. Wear solid sole boots the cobblestone is a killer.
Oh no. Where is the cobblestone? I walked from Vigo three years ago in boots and sandals and decided to just bring my comfortable runners (trainers) and sandals this year walking from Porto.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We walked the Portuguese in May and ran into horrible heat but a nice walk. Wear solid sole boots the cobblestone is a killer.
Thanks Scott. I've got a pair of good, well worn in boots but I was actually going to go and buy a pair of walking shoes this week as the guides lead you to believe it's almost an easy stroll. Thanks for the heads up mate. It's just like some of the info I read in the books and guides before walking the frances was pretty different from the reality. Namely the cost😅

Thanks Scott. I've got a pair of good, well worn in boots but I was actually going to go and buy a pair of walking shoes this week as the guides lead you to believe it's almost an easy stroll. Thanks for the heads up mate. It's just like some of the info I read in the books and guides before walking the frances was pretty different from the reality. Namely the cost😅
Walking shoes might not be enough protection on the bottom of your feet. Good luck.

Walking shoes might not be enough protection on the bottom of your feet. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated. I wore boots for the first 20 days or so of the Frances but I got loads of blisters due to the terrain on the first day, being completely unprepared (new boots, no training and I booked 2 weeks beforehand 😢). Thankfully there was an incredibly kind English woman who gave me her walking sandals as she had to go home and they were a complete god send as with the exception of my prior foot injuries they pretty much eliminated pressure on my feet. I'd strongly recommend wearing sandals but the only downside I experienced was that the occasional small stone would get under my toes; and nothing to do with the fact they were ladies sandals, just that they were slightly small for a 6 foot 4 gut with big feet😅 but I didn't give a toss due to the pain and I think I rocked them 🤣🤣

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated. I wore boots for the first 20 days or so of the Frances but I got loads of blisters due to the terrain on the first day, being completely unprepared (new boots, no training and I booked 2 weeks beforehand 😢). Thankfully there was an incredibly kind English woman who gave me her walking sandals as she had to go home and they were a complete god send as with the exception of my prior foot injuries they pretty much eliminated pressure on my feet. I'd strongly recommend wearing sandals but the only downside I experienced was that the occasional small stone would get under my toes; and nothing to do with the fact they were ladies sandals, just that they were slightly small for a 6 foot 4 gut with big feet😅 but I didn't give a toss due to the pain and I think I rocked them 🤣🤣
Sorry I wrote 20 days,it was a little over 7 or 8 before I donned the ladies sandals, much to the dismay of the through hiking aficionados 😅. I'm a working class guy from a post industrial city so I revelled I the camino infamy 🤣. To be fair, they did create a bit of a talking point which was amazing as an intro to meet new friends and I attribute a sizeable camino family solely on the sandals 😅

Im all packed, stamp from Lisbon Cathedral today, new poles from Decathalon and im all ready to head out tomorrow morning. No particular destination fir tomorrow night. Wherever i decide on route. So excited to finally walking the Portuguese Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi there,
I walked the camino Frances in September 2019 and had one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. I'm arriving in porto from Glasgow scotland on the 18th if June and I'll start walking the next day. Is anyone else walking the camino portuguese around then?

We are about a week behind you. Arriving in Porto on 22nd of June and headed out on the 24th.

I am starting on the 21st of June.

All of you June pilgrims - click here to add yourselves to the list of those starting in June.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.