Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it
Advertisement

Camino Portuguese mid April to May?

kstaylor

Has anyone taken the Camino Portuguese between mid April and mid May? I'm tentatively planning on it for next year, probably starting in Oporto but possibly farther south, maybe Coimbra.

I'm curious about what sort of weather to expect that time of year.

Thank you,
KST

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino

huberbernie

Hi,
I started 05.05.2009 at Porto.

The weather was very good with one exception. Mostly 22 - 25 degrees C.
In Pontevedra we had one day with very heavy rain in the morning. In the afternoon the weather became better, only slight rain, which stopped finally.
regards huberbernie

2023 Camino Guides
The 2023 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Most read last week in this forum

Posting for @tassiesue Our 1st Portuguese camino was to have been April/May 2020 (covid terror) and now 2nd attempt is all booked for end April/May starting at Porto on my own. I plan to walk...
If you're spending any time in Lisbon as part of prepping for, or winding down from, the Portuguese Caminho, and you go out to Sintra to see the palaces, you can actually take an old open-sided...
1 - Is a mountain bike with front suspension essential for this Camino? 2 - Can anyone suggest a place to stay about 70 km from Lisbon (in-beween the stage from Vila Franca de Xira to Santarem? Or...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides