• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Camino Sanabres 2023

green_spork

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues
Aug/Sept (2017)
And so it begins, waiting in an empty airport for my 6am flight to Madrid!
They have moved the desirable seats that are close to the power points, from last year, so base camp is now next to the travelex counter!
Excited to get started, I can almost feel that Galician rain!
If everything goes to plan, I should start from Granja de momreruela on Sunday!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Walked the Sanabres in late May this year. Really enjoyed this route. Took a rest day in Ourense - needed and thoroughly enjoyed!

You'll have a fantastic walk on the Sanabres!!

Buen Camino.
Hi, What was the weather like in Apr/Jun? I am thinking about walking the Via de la Plata and want to avoid the heat as much as possible. At this stage I am looking at walking the Portuguese in late March 2024.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
April/June this year presented excellent weather. It's a 'funny' place to walk. Often the temps max'd out in the mid 70s, but the intensity of the sun was a surprise (most noticeably in southern Spain). Often it felt a lot warmer than the actual temperature. Mornings were ALL cold enough for a jacket...again...a surprise, as I had debated long and hard on actually bringing a cold weather jacket. In the end the jacket was probably the most valuable item carried. So...late March...I suspect mornings will be cold, but the walking day should be just about perfect. In terms of rain..my wife and I only had a couple of days of light showers (so no mud).

Buen Camino!

So am currently in Albergue in Monbuey, the last few days have very hot and of course I didn’t bring any sunscreen!
Back of legs, arms, face, are currently “medium rare”
After arriving at albergue we had some interesting visitors from Zamora, knock on the door!
Two very friendly “guardia civil” peligrino division, officers! I was a bit shocked at first, thinking what have I done!
They came to tell us the
Albergue in puebla de sanabri was closed, as the owner is ill!

Plan B then,
So am now heading to Requejo de sanbria! Another 37km in the heat, having just walk this from Santa marta!

On the Plus side, got to see the old Catalina forest fire plane doing circuits near hydro dam! Very cool!

IMG_0886.jpegIMG_0883.jpegIMG_0888.jpegIMG_0870.jpegIMG_0879.jpeg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from AlmerĂ­a. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back