• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can I do it?

Tulle

Time of past OR future Camino
1999 Burgos-SDC, 2003 Leon-SDC, 2007-2012 Le Puy-SDC, 2014 Burgos-Covarrubias, Camino Ingles 3 times
Or will I be too lonely?
As many others I have a strong longing to walk a Camino again! Two years ago I walked the Camino Ingles together with friends and I loved this Camino. But as you all know when in a group one has to adapt and not only do what one likes oneself. So I would very much like to walk once more, alone, on my own terms. Walk slower, take shorter distances, see more.
But- because of age (74) and health I have to use transportation of my backpack and stay in pensiones/hotels. So, will I be too lonely when I don't stay in albergues? I am not an extrovert person and do not easily talk to strangers. I'm thinking of walking in the end of September. How busy is Camino Ingles then?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Or will I be too lonely?
As many others I have a strong longing to walk a Camino again! Two years ago I walked the Camino Ingles together with friends and I loved this Camino. But as you all know when in a group one has to adapt and not only do what one likes oneself. So I would very much like to walk once more, alone, on my own terms. Walk slower, take shorter distances, see more.
But- because of age (74) and health I have to use transportation of my backpack and stay in pensiones/hotels. So, will I be too lonely when I don't stay in albergues? I am not an extrovert person and do not easily talk to strangers. I'm thinking of walking in the end of September. How busy is Camino Ingles then?
Maybe pick a few Albergues to stay in...meet some people...and use pensiones as well. Watch for another single and even though it might be hard, just smile and say Buen Camino...and before you know it a little conversation will start! Which route are you planning to do this time?

I walked the Inglés last year the first week of October. I stayed in albergues every night and in 5 days saw a total of 8 pilgrims. 5 of them spoke no English. There was plenty of alone time for me. If I had not walked with a Spanish gentleman that I met the first day then I would have been pretty much alone with nobody to ever talk to as I was only able to speak English about 15 minutes out of those 5 days. The rest of the time I was using my limited Spanish.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Or will I be too lonely?

I am also 64 and only speak English.

While also an extreme introvert I decided to make myself noticeable, not only in my clothing and emblems but also to notice when others had some emblem that marked them out. And to use those as conversation starters.

And staying in hostels (albergue, gite, whatever) certainly widens the pool of people that you can talk with.

Remember that others are on their journey, as you are on yours, and may prefer silence.

The communal meals in France for me were grand, and on several occasions I challenged the company to sing something from their country or region.

Kia kaha (be brave/ be strong)

Hi Tulle .. you could be lonely but only if you isolate yourself .. were you to walk the same distances as others you met on the way you would meet them each evening and each morning .. it can be an odd thing being a singleton .. I notice it most if I visit some touristy building .. all couples and groups chatting and laughing whereas the singleton walks around like a ghost, unnoticed and not connected .. it depends upon how content you are with your own company really, don't you think?
Look - I know this idea might sound really silly .. but .. why not attach a sign to your rucksack that says something like "I am really shy - please come and talk to me" - what do you have to lose??
If there is anywhere on this planet where one can make friends surely it is on Camino?

Then again .... being with another when it isn't 'right' is so much worse than being independent with the opportunity to face outwards and meet and greet all that manifests as you are rather than as you are expected to be

Gautama had something to say about this ....

walk alone.jpg

Last edited:
Tulle,
I understand the desire to go it on your own. I hope to do some of the Camino next year alone, possibly meeting up with friends for 12 days in the middle then meeting my husband for the last 100K. While I have some trepidation about the alone part, I am looking forward to the challenge. So here are my thoughts.
Have you considered the CF? You will likely not be alone for any stretches? Especially from Sarria to SDdC. Also luggage transfer will never be an issue.
Have you considered albergues with private rooms. On my previous camino, I stayed in private albergues with private and semi-private rooms some with private bath and some with shared. But they had common rooms and some had communal meals so you still have a chance to meet up and relax with other pilgrims.
Just my thoughts. Either way you go, buen Camino.
Diane

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Tulle, are you thinking of walking the Ingles again? It is a lovely camino. Like you, I walked it with a friend in 2015 and this Spring I had a week off and I decided to walk the Ingles again by myself. And so I did and I met nobody, there was no other walkers about in mid April. And it rained all the time. But I had a lovely time and I did not feel lonely. When I arrived in SdC I went to the Pilgrim House to a meet up, so very nice to talk to other people, the Pilgrim House is a very welcoming place with lovely people.
I don't know how busy the Ingles will be in September but there will be some people around. Maybe you could have a couple of nights in an albergue, there are some very nice albergues in Pontedume and Betanzos. If you want to do, just do it.

Hi Tulle .. you could be lonely but only if you isolate yourself .. were you to walk the same distances as others you met on the way you would meet them each evening and each morning .. it can be an odd thing being a singleton .. I notice it most if I visit some touristy building .. all couples and groups chatting and laughing whereas the singleton walks around like a ghost, unnoticed and not connected .. it depends upon how content you are with your own company really, don't you think?
Look - I know this idea might sound really silly .. but .. why not attach a sign to your rucksack that says something like "I am really shy - please come and talk to me" - what do you have to lose??
If there is anywhere on this planet where one can make friends surely it is on Camino?

Then again .... being with another when it isn't 'right' is so much worse than being independent with the opportunity to face outwards and meet and greet all that manifests as you are rather than as you are expected to be

Gautama had something to say about this ....

View attachment 27396
Hi David, I really liked Buddha's words, I need to reflect upon them:) I had to smile a little when I read about the idea of a sign, at first I thought I am not that shy, but afterwards I found that I am too shy to wear such a sign...:)
I haven't made a decision yet, but when I think about it, if I am lonely for a few days, so what? A good time for thinking and reflections. And I need that, my husband died suddenly last year. We were walking together some years ago, and I would like to do this walk in memory of him.
Tulle

Hi Tulle, are you thinking of walking the Ingles again? It is a lovely camino. Like you, I walked it with a friend in 2015 and this Spring I had a week off and I decided to walk the Ingles again by myself. And so I did and I met nobody, there was no other walkers about in mid April. And it rained all the time. But I had a lovely time and I did not feel lonely. When I arrived in SdC I went to the Pilgrim House to a meet up, so very nice to talk to other people, the Pilgrim House is a very welcoming place with lovely people.
I don't know how busy the Ingles will be in September but there will be some people around. Maybe you could have a couple of nights in an albergue, there are some very nice albergues in Pontedume and Betanzos. If you want to do, just do it.
Hi, yes I want to walk Camino Ingles again because I didn't have the chance to enjoy it properly last time:)) The idea of going to the Pilgrim House afterwards seems very good, I think I will feel the need of talking to people then:)
Tulle

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Tulle, unless you are afraid of beiing too lonely because of your health/age/ not getting help if you are in need, I think you will enjoy the few days on the Camino Ingles in peace and quiet.

Or will I be too lonely?

Hola Tulle. I might be asking that same question in August. I am planning to walk from SJPdP to Roncesvalles and on for a while, with a friend, a celebration of our 70th. He plans to take his time and walk the entire Way. But I am thinking of making my way up to Ferrol and walk the Camino Ingles to Santiago, because I have far less time than he does. At this point I don't know how I'll get to Ferrol or where to start. I would also like to stay in pensiones/hotels and take 8-12 days and maybe send my pack ahead. I'm finding the research a challenge for this Way. I downloaded the updated guide and looked at Gronze. (Sp?), but it's not so easy to plan.

Good luck to you. If you walked the Camino Ingles before, it seems you will find your way and accommodations without too much trouble. That will reduce stress and give you time and energy to connect with other pilgrims. I look forward to hearing about your adventure. Buen Camino.

I walked the Inglés last year the first week of October. I stayed in albergues every night and in 5 days saw a total of 8 pilgrims. 5 of them spoke no English. There was plenty of alone time for me. If I had not walked with a Spanish gentleman that I met the first day then I would have been pretty much alone with nobody to ever talk to as I was only able to speak English about 15 minutes out of those 5 days. The rest of the time I was using my limited Spanish.

Hi Mike. I may jump from the Camino Frances to the Ingles some time after August 20. Starting SJPdP and arriving RONCESVALLES on August 18. I'll walk a while longer with my friend who is walking to Santiago and has lots of time. Do you have any advice where would be a good place to get transportation from the Frances to Ferrol ? And I hope I have more than one pilgrim to walk with! Staying in the Albergues with so few pilgrims must have been almost like a guesthouse and light on the budget. Gracias.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I walked to the Bus Station in Santiago de Compostela and took the bus to Ferrol.

I walked to the Bus Station in Santiago de Compostela and took the bus to Ferrol.
Thanks. I'll be very far from Santiago when I'm ready to travel to Ferrol. Maybe only past Pamplona or a few days further. Perhaps I'll check the Rome 2 Rio app. More research.

I would also like to stay in pensiones/hotels and take 8-12 days and maybe send my pack ahead. I'm finding the research a challenge for this Way.
In June 2014 I joined Sillydoll and a small group on an 11 day walk on the Ingles. Details of where we stayed and how we broke up the stages are discussed in these two threads. I recommend Johnnie Walker's guide as a great resource.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-ingles-oct-2014.29467/#post-250036

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-ingles-in-11-days.23679/#post-202705

We stayed in some small, out of the way places. Were I to do this again, I might stay two nights in Betanzos and utilize a taxi or bus to ferry me to/from my starting/stopping point from Miño or Cos, thus eliminating one out of the way place. We did this with O Meson Novo and Hotel San Vicente and it worked out great for those sections. There are options for albergues in many of these places too.

Here's the actual list of hotels from that trip:

Day 1 - Ferrol - Neda 12k (felt like 14!) (albergue here)
Pension Maragoto
Avenida Do Xubia 12, Neda
34 981 34 73 04

Day 2 - Neda - Cabanas (12k)
Hotel Sarga
Arenal, 7, Cabañas, 15621
34 981 43 10 00

Day 3 - Cabanas - Miño (9k plus 2.2 to hotel) (albergue here)
Hostal Brisa [We had a unique experience here, but I don't actually recommend this option. There are other places in Miño, or you could go ahead to Betanzos and shuttle back]
N-651 km 8, Mino
(Insua, 161-165)
34 981 78 20 22

Day 4 - Miño - Betanzos (9k) (In Betanzos, I'd love to stay at Hotel Garelos next time) (albergue here)
Hotel Palacete Betanzos (on booking.com)
Carretera Castilla, 38 Betanzos
34 981 77 55 55

Day 5 - Betanzos – Cos (8k) (This was a lovely stay in Abegondo, but this is where I'd probably shuttle back to Betanzos and stay there another night, since Abegondo is way off camino)
Pension Casa Manolo
Monte 22
15318 Abegondo A Coruña
34 981 67 30 06

Day 6 - Cos - Bar Julia (10k) (you can prearrange a pick up with O Meson Novo at Bar Julia and they'll bring you back the next day - a wonderful option!) (There is now an albergue in Presedo, a little ways before Bar Julia)
O Meson Novo (on booking.com)
Rúa Santiago Apóstol, 86 (@ Meson Vento)
Ordes, A Coruña
34 981 69 27 76

Day 7 - Bar Julia - Bruma (10k, including the biggest hill of the route) (albergue here)
O Meson Novo again

Day 8 - Bruma - Buscas (10k)
Casa Doña Maria (This was the priciest stay of the entire trip - it's a very nice B&B) (on booking.com)
A Rua, 12
San Paio de Buscas
Buscas 15680 A Coruna
981 68 14 30

Day 9 - Buscas - Sigüeiro(14k)
Hotel San Vincente (on booking.com)
c/ Marantes, 12
Santiago de Compostela
34 981 69 45 71

Day 10 - Sigüeiro - Poligoino Industrial do Tambre (outskirts of Santiago) (7k) (We arranged for the San Vicente to pick us up at the Café Poligono and return us there the next morning for the final walk into Santiago)
Hotel San Vincente

Day 11 - Café Poligono - Cathedral (7k)
Hospederia San Martin Pinario (on booking.com)
Inmaculada 3
Santiago de Compostela
34 981 56 02 82

We used Jacotrans to transport our luggage and it was seamless. I hope this is helpful! Buen Camino!!

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In June 2014 I joined Sillydoll and a small group on an 11 day walk on the Ingles. Details of where we stayed and how we broke up the stages are discussed in these two threads. I recommend Johnnie Walker's guide as a great resource.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-ingles-oct-2014.29467/#post-250036

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-ingles-in-11-days.23679/#post-202705

We stayed in some small, out of the way places. Were I to do this again, I might stay two nights in Betanzos and utilize a taxi or bus to ferry me to/from my starting/stopping point from Miño or Cos, thus eliminating one out of the way place. We did this with O Meson Novo and Hotel San Vicente and it worked out great for those sections. There are options for albergues in many of these places too.

Pension Maragoto
34 981 34 73 04

Hotel Sarga
34 981 43 10 00

Hostal Brisa [We had a unique experience here, but I don't actually recommend this option. There are other places in Miño, or you could go ahead to Betanzos and shuttle back]
N-651 km 8, Mino
(Insua, 161-165)
34 981 78 20 22

Day 4 - Miño - Betanzos (9k) (In Betanzos, I'd love to stay at Hotel Garelos next time) (albergue here)
34 981 77 55 55

Day 5 - Betanzos – Cos (8k) (This was a lovely stay in Abegondo, but this is where I'd probably shuttle back to Betanzos and stay there another night, since Abegondo is way off camino)
Pension Casa Manolo
Monte 22
15318 Abegondo A Coruña
34 981 67 30 06

Day 6 - Cos - Bar Julia (10k) (you can prearrange a pick up with O Meson Novo at Bar Julia and they'll bring you back the next day - a wonderful option!) (There is now an albergue in Presedo, a little ways before Bar Julia)
Ordes, A Coruña
34 981 69 27 76

Day 7 - Bar Julia - Bruma (10k, including the biggest hill of the route) (albergue here)
O Meson Novo again

Casa Doña Maria (This was the priciest stay of the entire trip - it's a very nice B&B) (on booking.com)
A Rua, 12
San Paio de Buscas
Buscas 15680 A Coruna
981 68 14 30

c/ Marantes, 12
Santiago de Compostela
34 981 69 45 71

Day 10 - Sigüeiro - Poligoino Industrial do Tambre (outskirts of Santiago) (7k) (We arranged for the San Vicente to pick us up at the Café Poligono and return us there the next morning for the final walk into Santiago)
Hotel San Vincente

Inmaculada 3
Santiago de Compostela
34 981 56 02 82

We used Jacotrans to transport our luggage and it was seamless. I hope this is helpful! Buen Camino!!

Thank you so much, @mylifeonvacation. I think I understand "The Camino Provides." You have given me a wealth of information that is indeed helpful. I wish I had been on your trip, but walking forward with the JW updated guidebook and your links, I feel better about future planning. I'm reading threads I have not seen before in my searches. I'm more excited every day. With gratitude, Irenie

I'm just so glad that sharing it has been helpful to you @Irenie That's exactly what the forum is for! The Ingles was my first experience with the Camino, so it is very special to me. And we had such a unique itinerary, I'm so glad it'll be helpful for you. Can't wait to hear how you end up - I hope you come back and share!

The Gronze site is great for planning. Especially important on the Ingles is to see where the places to stop are at, and bear in mind that the lone café-bar in a town might be closed when you pass by (when we encountered an open café, it was almost cause for celebration!), especially when walking shorter distances. On one occasion we stopped and asked for water from someone out watering their garden (it was the first day, and I hadn't figured out how much water to carry).

I've also been thinking a lot about the question @Tulle posed - about being lonely on the Camino. So, it's all a personal thing and everyone's journey is different. I truly enjoyed the time I spent walking with members of my group on the Ingles, but I also spent quite a bit of time walking alone (since I was slower and needed to take more breaks) and I really, really enjoyed the solitude on this beautiful route. Of course, I would meet up with my people again for lunch most days and then see them at the hotel, so I wasn't *that* alone. Then last year I walked the Portuguese route (from Tui) all by myself. Once again, because of my pace, I walked alone at least 90% of the time for those 8 days. I would walk for a few minutes, or maybe an hour with a person or a small group, and chat with people at bars/restaurants during breaks, and those little bits of social time really held me over for the day. With some data on my phone, I did keep in touch virtually with my husband and friends, so it's probably because of that that I never felt lonely. As a matter of fact, the cell coverage was so good that I was able to post to Instagram from the woods, and was being cheered on virtually by friends back here in Arizona, especially on my last day walking into Santiago. Many people like to completely disconnect while on the Camino, but I'm not one of those people. To each his own. I hope you have a wonderful camino!! The Pilgrim House is a wonderful stop in Santiago!

Do it! You can.

73 here. I walked the Ingles this May (2106). Alone.

Started alone but was not alone for long. Met many nice people on the walk. There are some hills to get up. I did it (world's slowest walker -- with a huge pack) and I encourage you to do the Camino again. You will love it.

Actually I liked walking the Ingles better than the Frances.

There were not a lot of hikers in May. I would say September they start to thin out.

Biggest reason I enjoyed the Ingles is less crowds and seems to be friendlier people in the towns.

Good luck.

If you want to walk Porto to Santiago in late October of this year, leave me a message.

Blessings

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi guys n dolls, just completed the Camino. Walked from St Jean. What a great thing to do. I turned 66 on the day we walked into Santiago - a most emotional day for us. The walk was not without its normal pains and problems but we managed to keep going, completing the walk in 38 days. One can spend a long time telling stories about the Camino, but the experience is of such a nature that it is not easy to relate the story to people who have not done something similar. The big question is "what now?" The end of the Camino is the beginning of something new. There is something in my life that has changed. Small things that used to be important now seem so unimportant. Will I do it again? Yes, certainly. Did I and my life-long friend and wife bond? Oh yes, I love her more than ever. She walked every step with grace and courage - what a women! Did we like the auberges? Well, some were great, some were so-so. But I would not do without them. Was the food good? Nope! Spain does not make food with the heart. Yes we had great food, but only if we sought the odd place that provided good food without spending an arm and a leg. We pay R16-50 for one Euro in South Africa and the Camino is not cheap for us. The Spaniards are loud, sometimes noisy, but one got used to that. Many of the towns on the Camino would NEVER survive if it was not for the Perigrenos, so why do they not learn to speak English or have the menu's in English? Were there surprises for us? Yes, we did not expect to see so many hikers on the track. Nearing Santiago it was like walking to a soccer game at times. Were we fully prepared for the Camino before we left? I do not think it is possible to fully prepare for such a walk. We walked 1350km BEFORE we left for the Camino, half of it uphill. Walking up the many hills was probably the only thing we could do with ease. Crossing the mountain to Roncesvalles and walking up to O'Cebreiro was easy. One peace of advice : do NOT follow Breiry's book when it comes to distances! We started off with long distances and simmered them down to 15-25 km per day by not taking rest days. We always arrived at approx 13:00 at the next auberg which gave us a long afternoon to rest and clean up. Did we have foot problems? Only one small blister high up on the one foot. Threw my expensive shoes away and bough new Solomons in Viana. Great walk after that. Well were'e back. My mind is not in order yet. Lets see what happens. The way I feel at the moment is to leave my practice and set of the St Jean ASAP. Those of you who are not certain if you want to go : You'll never never know if you never never go.

We walked the Inglés again last year making our breaks using all private accommodation as we were not carrying sleeping bags.
You can check out our stages in the entries for June and July here at Camino 2015 and our hotels are listed in the various posts.
The Correos pack carrying service was advertised in most places but we did not use it.

Hi guys n dolls, just completed the Camino. Walked from St Jean. What a great thing to do. I turned 66 on the day we walked into Santiago - a most emotional day for us. The walk was not without its normal pains and problems but we managed to keep going, completing the walk in 38 days. One can spend a long time telling stories about the Camino, but the experience is of such a nature that it is not easy to relate the story to people who have not done something similar. The big question is "what now?" The end of the Camino is the beginning of something new. There is something in my life that has changed. Small things that used to be important now seem so unimportant. Will I do it again? Yes, certainly. Did I and my life-long friend and wife bond? Oh yes, I love her more than ever. She walked every step with grace and courage - what a women! Did we like the auberges? Well, some were great, some were so-so. But I would not do without them. Was the food good? Nope! Spain does not make food with the heart. Yes we had great food, but only if we sought the odd place that provided good food without spending an arm and a leg. We pay R16-50 for one Euro in South Africa and the Camino is not cheap for us. The Spaniards are loud, sometimes noisy, but one got used to that. Many of the towns on the Camino would NEVER survive if it was not for the Perigrenos, so why do they not learn to speak English or have the menu's in English? Were there surprises for us? Yes, we did not expect to see so many hikers on the track. Nearing Santiago it was like walking to a soccer game at times. Were we fully prepared for the Camino before we left? I do not think it is possible to fully prepare for such a walk. We walked 1350km BEFORE we left for the Camino, half of it uphill. Walking up the many hills was probably the only thing we could do with ease. Crossing the mountain to Roncesvalles and walking up to O'Cebreiro was easy. One peace of advice : do NOT follow Breiry's book when it comes to distances! We started off with long distances and simmered them down to 15-25 km per day by not taking rest days. We always arrived at approx 13:00 at the next auberg which gave us a long afternoon to rest and clean up. Did we have foot problems? Only one small blister high up on the one foot. Threw my expensive shoes away and bough new Solomons in Viana. Great walk after that. Well were'e back. My mind is not in order yet. Lets see what happens. The way I feel at the moment is to leave my practice and set of the St Jean ASAP. Those of you who are not certain if you want to go : You'll never never know if you never never go.

It seems to me that you overlooked that you walked the Camino Francés from SJPP to Santiago de Compostela while Tulle asked for specific info about a route that she already knows because she walked it in the past: the Camino Inglés from Ferrol to Santiago de Compostela.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Or will I be too lonely?
Or will I be too lonely?

Maybe there are some albergues with private rooms with bathroom ensuite. On the CF there are, but I don't know how that is on other caminos. Than you have both, a good place to sleep and the company of other pelgrims.

Most days we met other pilgrims and many were staying in the same places too (not albergues) on the Ingles.
On the Primitivo we used private accommodation from Fonsagrada onwards, including a private room in the private albergue (O Candido) at San Roman de Retorta. We then stayed at Casa de Ponte before heading to Palas de Rei, and again found private rooms all the way to Santiago. We had pilgrim company in most places.

Or will I be too lonely?
To quote Henry Ford "if you thing you can do it or you think you can't do it you are probably right" in other words it's all in the mind. The only question is how you adapt your personal circumstances ( e.g. age injury etc. etc. to the physical task.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola Tulle. I might be asking that same question in August. I am planning to walk from SJPdP to Roncesvalles and on for a while, with a friend, a celebration of our 70th. He plans to take his time and walk the entire Way. But I am thinking of making my way up to Ferrol and walk the Camino Ingles to Santiago, because I have far less time than he does. At this point I don't know how I'll get to Ferrol or where to start. I would also like to stay in pensiones/hotels and take 8-12 days and maybe send my pack ahead. I'm finding the research a challenge for this Way. I downloaded the updated guide and looked at Gronze. (Sp?), but it's not so easy to plan.

Good luck to you. If you walked the Camino Ingles before, it seems you will find your way and accommodations without too much trouble. That will reduce stress and give you time and energy to connect with other pilgrims. I look forward to hearing about your adventure. Buen Camino.
Hola! Yes, since I know Camino Ingles I am not worried about accomodation and such things. I have been thinking a lot about me walking alone and I now think I can do it
I don't know where you intend to leave CF, but we went by train from Burgos to Ferrol, a nice journey. We changed train once, perhaps in Lugo?
Tulle

Pension Maragoto
34 981 34 73 04

Hotel Sarga
34 981 43 10 00

N-651 km 8, Mino
(Insua, 161-165)
34 981 78 20 22

34 981 77 55 55

Pension Casa Manolo
Monte 22
15318 Abegondo A Coruña
34 981 67 30 06

Ordes, A Coruña
34 981 69 27 76

O Meson Novo again

A Rua, 12
San Paio de Buscas
Buscas 15680 A Coruna
981 68 14 30

c/ Marantes, 12
Santiago de Compostela
34 981 69 45 71

Hotel San Vincente

Inmaculada 3
Santiago de Compostela
34 981 56 02 82

Hola! This is great and really helpful! Thank you so much
Tulle

We walked the Inglés again last year making our breaks using all private accommodation as we were not carrying sleeping bags.
You can check out our stages in the entries for June and July here at Camino 2015 and our hotels are listed in the various posts.
The Correos pack carrying service was advertised in most places but we did not use it.
Thank you so much, Tia Valeria, I will read your blog carefully!
Tulle

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Next week I will start walking Camino Ingles. I had made up my mind to walk alone, especially after all encouraging words here. Then two friends wanted to walk with me, and that is fine with me. We have walked together before, and I know them well. I know I will get time and place for myself if I need it. Starting from Ferrol September 15! And thanks to Tia Valeria, we have planned our walk by reading your blog.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back