Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Car Transport from Santiago to Lisbon

pinamontik

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Camino in September 2022
Looking to get from Santiago to Lisbon quickest way possible. Has anyone taken a private car service?

How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino

John Gray

SJPDP to Burgos from May 9th 2014
Looking to get from Santiago to Lisbon quickest way possible. Has anyone taken a private car service?
I took the bus to porto then the train to Lisbon. BlaBla car is a ride sharing app. It wasn't working a few months ago because of covid when I was travelling there.

NYSE

Camino Frances & Camino Finisterre/Muxia April 2019
I took the train. Actually, 3 trains. I found the trip relaxing and rather inexpensive.

John Honeyman

Plamning Camino Frances by bike starting mid October
I took the 8.30 train to Vigo then the 10.15 express bus to Lisbon. Cheap, easy and fast.
I later discovered the bus actually starts in Santiago but I enjoyed the wee trip on the train!

Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Maggie Coble

Donating Member
Sept 2017
Yes. We used mydaytrip.com to travel from Lisbon to Porto and then used them again from Tui to Lisbon. The cost depends on the size of the requested vehicle and the number of people traveling. We were very pleased with the service and have made arrangements to use them again in September.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
10/22 Aragones/Frances
Yes. We used mydaytrip.com to travel from Lisbon to Porto and then used them again from Tui to Lisbon. The cost depends on the size of the requested vehicle and the number of people traveling. We were very pleased with the service and have made arrangements to use them again in September.

I looked up the cost from Santiago to Lisbon. It was 611Euros. If anyone here can afford that I am a 68 year old orphan. My Parents left me high and dry was I was in my 40's. Very low maintenance, a charmer at dinner party and high society type events. I can discuss art, literature, politics but I am really quite engaging if the conversation turns to baseball or American football. I consider myself an expert on the New York Yankees and New York Giants (I can wax poetically about many of the members of these teams especially Thurmon Munson, Derek Jeter, Lawrence Taylor and Phil Simms). This can be quite helpful to my future parents at diplomatic meetings and galas. I am in need of new parents so I am open to being adopted!! I (can I get the inheritance also so I can pass it along to my kids??? Just wondering) ;)
For those with big bucks don't pass this once in a lifetime opportunity up!
CV available upon request

Last edited:

Cleigh

CF 2019
CF 2021, Portuguese 2021, Le Puy 2022
We took a car service in 2021. MyDayTrip was the company. Yes it’s expensive but door to door service and our driver was fantastic. Kept ya informed of all the local highlights, history and sights along the way.

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Only know of someone who did it the other way round - Lisbon to Santiago. She had taken her dog on Camino and after a few days it refused to walk. Hid under the bed and refused to come out. She decided to take it home and brought forward her flight from Santiago. But found she could not take a dog on public transport to get to Santiago. Finished up by spending a fortune on a taxi, it was over 500 euros.

A very expensive dog!

How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

Are the trains to Madrid from Santiago usually very crowded on a Monday in mid-October? Is it necessary to prebook train tickets well in advance? Thanks!
I plan to take the bus from The Parador in Santiago to Sarria Oct 7. Where is the closest stop to pick up the bus? So I need to purchase my ticket in advance to be assured of a seat?
Hi. I have connected in Madrid on many occasions on an outbound flight. So I am pretty familiar with how much time is needed. But in October I will fly from Vigo and connect in Madrid for a...