• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CF August '18, maybe...

whatsherface6

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello! I’m planning to walk the Camino Frances from SJPP to SDC in August 2018. I live in Maine.

I’ve gotten to the point where I am so anxious about going I can’t even plan anymore. I was going to buy my plane tickets in December… but I still haven’t done that yet. I am nervous I won’t give myself enough time to enjoy the walk and/or I won’t be able to get home in the event of a family emergency. I have been dreaming about this trip for years and I don’t want to get in my own way. :(

I hope this isn't too much information for an intro post!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello!

If you have all of august, you have plenty of time :D

My mother and I are starting at the same time

And CF is close to several airports, so you can always get home if family emergencies occur. Just make sure your travel insurance covers such an exit travel....

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, there are many wise people in here

Buon camino - we hope to meet you

OMG! I so see myself in your post! Planning my first Camino. I have been thinking about this experience for so long....I seem to over think it all! I just booked my flight for a 5/27/18 departure. Was so nervous...more so now! It's become real! So many details to think about now! Very excited! Best of luck to you!

Buen Camino! (First opportunity I've had to use this common phrase!)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
August is a great time to walk the CF. If you can give yourself a bit more time than a single month you'll probably enjoy it more but please don't worry about getting home in an emergency as it is easy to get to Pamplona, Burgos, Leon or Santiago by bus from almost any of the towns/villages you'll go through and from any of those to Madrid if you're flying home from there.

Have a wonderful time.

Don’t you worry. Many of us have been in your situation. Last year, a little later than this but the season starts earlier every year, there was a lovely thread started by @VNwalking titled It’s the jitters season.
At the time this is what I wrote:
“This thread reminds me of years ago when I took a domestic flight with my sister and her two daughters. The youngest, then about two, reacted strongly to that first part of the flight when the plan taxis, with the engines roaring, ever increasing in speed, while the pressure builds forcing you back into your seat, until the plane eventually by some miracle leaves the ground, and gets to a level where the engines don't have to work anywhere near as hard. At one stage my niece's roaring rivaled the engine's roar and when it was all over I looked at her in the seat next to me, expecting the worst, only to find that she was laughing. The first words out of her mouth were "scary fun". It's been my motto ever since. Whenever I get scared or anxious (rather too often for comfort) I try to remind myself of Sayde's "scary fun".”
Buen camino, peregrina

OMG! I so see myself in your post! Planning my first Camino. I have been thinking about this experience for so long....I seem to over think it all! I just booked my flight for a 5/27/18 departure. Was so nervous...more so now! It's become real! So many details to think about now! Very excited! Best of luck to you!

Buen Camino! (First opportunity I've had to use this common phrase!)
I want one of those for my backpack! :p:p:p

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you, everyone, for your words of support! I’m feeling much better about moving forward with planning now. I’m thankful for this forum.

I've been having a hard time finding travel insurance that covers trip interruptions for my situation (fur-children & unmarried partner). I welcome any suggestions on companies I should look into.

I think I could give myself a bit more than a month. Does anyone have suggestions on how long to rest after traveling from the US before starting out?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back