• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Christmas Day on the Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There are plenty of pilgrims out there walking. We have a Polish pilgrim here with us tonight, we had our big feast at lunchtime, and he chowed down mightily at dinner on leftovers! Got calls from six other pilgrims who will arrive tomorrow.
Walking days are very long around Christmas, because just about every albergue in the area is closed, or only opening for groups of three or more. Pilgrims who stay here have come from Carrion de los Condes or even farther -- 30 km or more -- because nothing between here and there is open!

I am currently on the Camino as we speak. I got into Porto yesterday afternoon. Because of the size of this city, the amount of people driving in, and the "starting to celebrate early", it was a little scary at times. Remember, you are on the main hwy coming into the city. I arrived at 5:00 PM, After resting, I went to midnight Mass, and continued walking this morning.
Last year, I was on the Camino Frances. There were 20 of us in O'Cebreiro. We went to Mass, and then had a potluck in the albergue, since everything closed at 5:00. We had 20 cm of snow on Christmas Eve, we had to get out of there early because more snow was coming. The trails were closed, so we walked to Sarria on the road. Long day, hard day, but absolutly beautiful.

If you are planning to be on the Camino France, just make sure you know the distance of the next Albergue so you can plan accordingly.

It is really a great time of reflection, rather than the party atmosphere from the summer months, along with the heat, and lots of people. I really love the Camino on the winter.

Buen Camino,

Texasguy

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back