• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ciao, I am walking Camino Frances, starting SJPP 31 October 2014

golden1789

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances November "2014"
I may be walking alone, so do let me know if you are doing the walk at this time. I think my most daunting challenge at this point is being alone when walking from SJPP over the Pyrenees to Roncalles. While I am looking forward to my own company, this bit might be better with someone else...but maybe there will be plenty of other people doing the walk.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Golden1789,

Late autumn is a wonderful time to walk the Camino. However you must be prepared for varied weather. Nights can be chilly or cold and freezing rain or even snow might occur.

Be sure to read what others and I have posted in this earlier Forum thread describing late fall conditions on the camino.

Since the crowds of summer are past you will find the welcome at those albergues which are open to be most sincere. Not all will be open since many close for their well deserved vacation starting mid October, but the hospitaleros usually know who is open on the next stage. Most open albergues will either be heated or have blankets, but not all.

All my caminos have been in autumn and winter. Perhaps you would find my blog Camino Gazetteer useful for your planning. This coordinates all postings by 75 locations where I halted and includes a Kit list and some walking tips. Whatever you plan to take be sure to test wearing and carrying it. Tried and true is better than new and never worn for all your camino gear.

Happy planning and Buen Camino!

Margaret Meredith

Golden1789,
mspath has rolled it all into an accurate/informative nut shell and her Camino Gazetteer is well worth the look. Also, consider checking out the Camino Calendar at the bottom of this page to add your projected Start/Finish dates and, to see whom else may be on Camino at the same time.

Buen Camino,

Arn

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I may be walking alone, so do let me know if you are doing the walk at this time. I think my most daunting challenge at this point is being alone when walking from SJPP over the Pyrenees to Roncalles. While I am looking forward to my own company, this bit might be better with someone else...but maybe there will be plenty of other people doing the walk.

Good luck, and Buen Camino!

Golden1789,
mspath has rolled it all into an accurate/informative nut shell and her Camino Gazetteer is well worth the look. Also, consider checking out the Camino Calendar at the bottom of this page to add your projected Start/Finish dates and, to see whom else may be on Camino at the same time.

Buen Camino,

Arn
Ciao, I have tried a few times to add my walk to the calendar but have not been able to do so, no instructions and despite clicking on days etc, nothing works... :( I need help!

Golden1789,

Late autumn is a wonderful time to walk the Camino. However you must be prepared for varied weather. Nights can be chilly or cold and freezing rain or even snow might occur.

Be sure to read what others and I have posted in this earlier Forum thread describing late fall conditions on the camino.

Since the crowds of summer are past you will find the welcome at those albergues which are open to be most sincere. Not all will be open since many close for their well deserved vacation starting mid October, but the hospitaleros usually know who is open on the next stage. Most open albergues will either be heated or have blankets, but not all.

All my caminos have been in autumn and winter. Perhaps you would find my blog Camino Gazetteer useful for your planning. This coordinates all postings by 75 locations where I halted and includes a Kit list and some walking tips. Whatever you plan to take be sure to test wearing and carrying it. Tried and true is better than new and never worn for all your camino gear.

Happy planning and Buen Camino!

Margaret Meredith
Thank you for this. I have bookmarked you blog page and I am looking forward to reading it all.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi there. Looking at walking mid to late October. Going to be in Scotland or at relatives villas in Spain prior to the walk. Might meet up with you along the way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back