• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2014

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:
Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2014?
Buen Camino
Arn

I have been searching the forum for a "Class of 2014" page couldn't find one so I took charge :lol: Ivar , if somehow I missed the 2014 page please feel free to delete this.. but first let me know where it's located. With that said ...

Hi , I am Joe from Springdale Arkansas. Laurie and I are in training for our trek from SJPdP to SdC ,scheduled to leave Sept 2014 for our 35th Wedding Anniversary ( was May but seems Oct has less rain?) . Counting the many days until that time. Walking much up hill & down holler to get our bones tuned up and leg muscles primed.

I want to thank you Ivar for this forum , been lurking here for a few weeks now with just a few postings to test the waters. a Tremendous wealth of information .

Hi all
I just booked my flights for September arriving in CDG on the 2nd. Somehow make my way down to SJPdP. All a crazy adventure about it - only decided I was going yesterday!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello again Class of 2014 and anyone else,

If you have a few minutes to spare my blog may let you feel the joy you could be heading towards.

Buen Camino
I've been reading it and enjoying it tremendously.

Greetings, one and all! I suppose it's time we weighed in as part of the Class of 2014 (September). We are now 100 days away from departing for our first Camino. We plan to leave SJPdP on Friday, September 19 and, if all goes reasonably well, will arrive in Santiago de Compostela on or around October 24. Looking forward to perhaps meeting some of you along The Way.
Richard and Marla
Oh my goodness it is coming fast! I can't wait. I will start my Journey in Porto, Portugal on September 1st.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, John. :) I've been reading and enjoying your blog very much. Great pictures, too! It's so helpful to those of us who have not yet begun. I'm sorry your trip through the Pyrenees wasn't in better weather for viewing this time. Everything else sounds great! Enjoy!

Mary

To all future pilgrims if you are not interested in staying in Burgos it is worth it to go the extra 10 km to tardajos and stay at La Fabrica it is a new albergue and the food and accommodations are great very peaceful the best shower I ever had the owners are wonderful last night my daughters blisters where so bad we felt we should go to hospital but the owners took us the 10 km in their car to an urgi care and went in with her to translate for her then took us to the pharmacy then a tour of Burgos the urgi care did not charge us or take our insurance the owners would not even take money for gas from us good people it took them 16 years to convert this old flour mill to the albergue and they left a lot of the character stone walls glass floor in dinning room

To all future pilgrims if you are not interested in staying in Burgos it is worth it to go the extra 10 km to tardajos and stay at La Fabrica it is a new albergue and the food and accommodations are great very peaceful ...

Here is their web site

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Monk Moses,
Living in a very arid alpine region and overly sensitive to wildfires, I'm sure you didn't want Kat to "burn" the camino, just wishing a "buen"camino! :)
-tzq

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello everyone about to start soon or in the near future. The pain and suffering of those here now who have tried to go too far, too soon, or carry too much, or who have not taken enough boots off stops is all too evident to see.

Take your time guys, be good to your feet.

Buen Camino from a very happy man in Calzadilla de Los Hermanillos.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello john. Sounds as you are going well on the Camino and I am so glad to hear this!!!!
Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!

Ed

My eyes are about to fall out of my head! Am in Madrid after catching three planes to get here. Is 10:30pm. At 10:45am I board the first of two buses together to Pamplona and then a final one to SJPP by tom night. Have already managed to forget my sticks at one check on! Hoping to meet a fellow forum member Santos2 tom night which should be nice.

My jet lag is bad.... I will be speaking in tongues soon ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello everyone about to start soon or in the near future. The pain and suffering of those here now who have tried to go too far, too soon, or carry too much, or who have not taken enough boots off stops is all too evident to see.

Take your time guys, be good to your feet.

Buen Camino from a very happy man in Calzadilla de Los Hermanillos.
Love your blog John. Keep up the good work and Buen Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well today I bought my first gear for my walk. Berghaus 30+6 Freeflow, Keen Targhee boots, 2 pairs of 1000 mile socks and some BodyGlide I have read so much about.....I thought it was something I would find at an Adult Book Store :). Slowly getting the bits together is confirming my preparations. The finer details of getting to SjPdP are yet to be decided. I am flying into Paris and then debating training it or flying down to Biarritz and following everyone else on the train and bus to SJ. After my flight from Adelaide Australia I am wondering if i need to spend a couple of days recuperating from 36 hours of journey or plunge into the further few hours and rest in Biarritz? Sorry for my public musings. Pacerpoles are on my list. A GroPro camera is another thought. Last night I was trying to sort out information about Sim cards for data transfer so I can upload files from a GoPro to the net so if I lose/have stolen the camera I won't lose everything. Advice/ideas are always welcoming. I am still trying to work out how this site works.

2013 was fine around then I am back but starting 5th September last year I started the 21st. September.
Hi, We are starting on the 5th as well. Love the Great Ocean Road area. Have driven and ridden it many times. We are Geelong CATS supporters. I have an uncle in Anglesea. If it wasn't so cold we would live there! Might see you in the first couple of days. Buen Camino

Hi, We are starting on the 5th as well. Love the Great Ocean Road area. Have driven and ridden it many times. We are Geelong CATS supporters. I have an uncle in Anglesea. If it wasn't so cold we would live there! Might see you in the first couple of days. Buen Camino
That would be great I have just come back from a 10 day break out western Victoria, currently at Jan Juc, boys were lifesavers at Anglesea one noe study's and lives in Qld I grew up there. Lions supporter how are u getting to the Camino. I am flying into Paris then a train same as last year.
Are you staying in SJPDP and Orisson?

Trevor

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Will be walking the Camino Frances, leaving SJPP on Sept 5, with my daughter. Have set aside forty days to complete our adventure. We are super excited and appreciate this forum where we can connect, learn from other pilgrims. Grateful to be a part of the class of 2014.
I too will be leaving SJPdP on the 5th, after arriving on the 3rd. Staying at Orisson on the night of the 5th. Perhaps we will cross paths?

I too will be leaving SJPdP on the 5th, after arriving on the 3rd. Staying at Orisson on the night of the 5th. Perhaps we will cross paths?
Where abouts are you staying in SJPDP as your dates line up with mine.
Trevor

Well today I bought my first gear for my walk. Berghaus 30+6 Freeflow, Keen Targhee boots, 2 pairs of 1000 mile socks and some BodyGlide I have read so much about.....I thought it was something I would find at an Adult Book Store :). Slowly getting the bits together is confirming my preparations. The finer details of getting to SjPdP are yet to be decided. I am flying into Paris and then debating training it or flying down to Biarritz and following everyone else on the train and bus to SJ. After my flight from Adelaide Australia I am wondering if i need to spend a couple of days recuperating from 36 hours of journey or plunge into the further few hours and rest in Biarritz? Sorry for my public musings. Pacerpoles are on my list. A GroPro camera is another thought. Last night I was trying to sort out information about Sim cards for data transfer so I can upload files from a GoPro to the net so if I lose/have stolen the camera I won't lose everything. Advice/ideas are always welcoming. I am still trying to work out how this site works.
Hi DavidI transfer photos to my Ipdad
Trevor from Melbourne I am taking the train from Paris CDG with a change over (half an hour) in Bordeaux ticket cost 64 euro I then stay 2 nights in St Jean followed by a nite in Orrisson same as I did last year bodyglide is good used it last year this year I have bought two tubes as I ran out around Leon. I am taking aphone this year and picking up a sim at Woolworths or Officeworks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi everyone!

My name is Sarah and I am looking forward to walking from Sarria to Santiago in September/October this year! I am looking forward to meeting some of you on my pilgrimage, and learning so much about the walk from all the wise people here in the forum!

Hi everyone!

My name is Sarah and I am looking forward to walking from Sarria to Santiago in September/October this year! I am looking forward to meeting some of you on my pilgrimage, and learning so much about the walk from all the wise people here in the forum!

Welcome Sarah and Buen Camino to you!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

€149,-
Hi.... My name is Allister. and my partners is Diane... We will arrive in sjpdp on the 22 August. Starting to get even more excited

Hi there!
It's my intention to begin walking from SJPP , France (I'm thinking) in mid-September 2014. My
I am in my late fifties and will be going on my own. Although my funds are modest I have a lot of flexibility in time. I'm welcoming any suggestions as to what is the best month to start the Camino.
I'm not a hot weather fan and would like to go when chances of rain are lowest...?!? Also, grateful for all ideas, info, and advice from, "those who have gone before" as well as those yet to embark on this mighty trek.
All the Best!
Martha
Victoria, B.C.
Canada
I ran into a group from Victoria last year Sept 2013 and I speak most days with one or more of the guys, my three Amigos came and spent their last few hours in Santiago visiting me in hospital and it was the turning point for me not only to get better but to get out and get to the Cathedral. When I walk again this year September I will not be alone as my heart will be full and a lot of vino at the bars we visited.

Come September
Trevor

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It's remarkable...thanks for asking!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes I was... I had to get past security as the airline said no but security didn't know what they were so said yes

I feel like such a fraud carrying them as I don't even know how to use them! Lol
Don't feel bad... I watched u tube to figure it out and if I break a leg it will be because I tripped over them but am improving

Hi. Starting on my second camino in 4 days, Monday June 30 from Porto. Doing the portugues way this time. Anyone else here doing this way in the beginning of July?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello everyone.

Hope it's not too late to join in. I have been so busy preparing that I have not seen this section before.

My name is Noah and I am leaving solamente from Indianapolis for Madrid on 9 Sep 2014 to and make my way up to SJPP.

I look forward to seeing any of you on Camino Frances. I will be on Camino for 60 days to Santiago and onward to Finisterre / Muxia.

Just look for the guy with the neon yellow baseball cap.

!Buen Camino!

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
My name is Zsuzsa from Hungary. I will start my first Camino on the 7th of August from Leon.
I started to think about The Camino three years ago, but the decision was made only 3 weeks ago. I am getting happier day by day with the preparation and the training.
Buen Camino

All these messages are getting me so excited to start my Camino!

Having made the decision to walk the Camino in August 2013, the past year has gone so quickly. Just over a month to go now, starting from SJPDP on 4th August.

I'm getting there on the 4th starting on the 5th - maybe we'll cross paths!! :D So excited!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi everyone!

Hi Sarah!

A friend of mine who is walking from Sarria to Santiago with her daughter the same time you are.

I am leaving 13 Sep 14 from SJPP and hope to be in Santiago by 24 Oct 14.

She is from Denmark. If you hear someone speaking English with a Danish accent, tell her "hello" - she is friendly to all.

¡Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
David
Bodyglide I used last year this year I bought two tubes to help others I am picking up a sim from Woolworths for emergencies otherwise I use my ipad with viber as its free and most bars have wifi.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:
Buen Camino
Arn

I have been searching the forum for a "Class of 2014" page couldn't find one so I took charge :lol: Ivar , if somehow I missed the 2014 page please feel free to delete this.. but first let me know where it's located. With that said ...

Hi , I am Joe from Springdale Arkansas. Laurie and I are in training for our trek from SJPdP to SdC ,scheduled to leave Sept 2014 for our 35th Wedding Anniversary ( was May but seems Oct has less rain?) . Counting the many days until that time. Walking much up hill & down holler to get our bones tuned up and leg muscles primed.

I want to thank you Ivar for this forum , been lurking here for a few weeks now with just a few postings to test the waters. a Tremendous wealth of information .
Hi Fred
Where can I find the list per month those walking as I would like to catch up with those starting in Sept.
Ta Trevor

Perfect!

Love it that people start to plan early... when in 2014 are you planning to walk?

Greetings from Santiago with 30c heat and sun.... not complaining!
Ivar
I started when I found myself crying in the taxie to the airport in Santiago last year.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I figure the walking part is going to be easy. After wearing in boots, deciding on whether to wear 2 pairs of socks, Vaseline or not, inner clothing, outer clothing, first aid kit, choosing backpacks, learning how to use an iphone, bookings - for the car at the airport for 8 weeks/plane/train/taxi to get to SJPDP, cash vs credit/debit cards, garden maintenance while we are away (in a sub tropical region it will look like a jungle if we don't have someone look after it), pool maintenance, dog minder.....whew....what else have I missed....oh organising for mail pick up and thinking ahead about any bills that might arrive in our absence and trying to learn some Spanish words/phrases! I will need time out after all that organisation !!! Buen Camino to all.

Hi Fred
Where can I find the list per month those walking as I would like to catch up with those starting in Sept.
Ta Trevor

Here you go :}

August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife
August 28th - Agnogel
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!)
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86 ,
David Egglestone
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge,Denisealldridge,
jessica.vthhiker,September 8th September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara
September 10th
September 11th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 15th -Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th -Jabaldo
September 17th- -Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker
eptember 18th
September 19th -Holly
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 21st -Adhemar78
September 22nd –jdpiguet
September 23rd -Silvester
September 24th -Annie Little
September 25th
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M ,organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st - awakeningaimee
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-2014-peregrinos.24717/page-4

Last edited:

€149,-
I'
Here you go :}

August 28th - Agnogel
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!)
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantra
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge,Denisealldridge,
September 10th
September 11th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey
September 16th -Jabaldo
eptember 18th
September 19th -Holly
September 22nd –jdpiguet
September 23rd -Silvester
September 25th
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M ,organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st - awakeningaimee
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-2014-peregrinos.24717/page-4
I'm starting on the 5th too from SJpdP

Looks like I will just catch up and say hello to those starting at SJPdP around 25th August- the day I commence my pilgrimage. Thanks DeadFred for the comprehensive list!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello everyone,
my name is Ivana and I was planning to start my Camino tomorrow from SJPP. I have been preparing for it since January when I first "heard the call" shall we say, mentally, emotionally, physically, but a week ago my knee started to hurt. I was hoping it would go away with a bit of rest, but unfortunately, I had to see a doctor, did ultrasound check and discovered I have a tendinitis in biceps femuralis, which is why I've been limping after couple of km of walking for the last 2 weeks. It hurts but should get better with enough rest, but I now fear it won't heal completely and fast enough so I can do the Camino this summer. Since I'm a teacher, summer is the only time I actually have enough time for extensive trips, so now it seems I'll have to postpone everything till who knows when, which is making me really sad.
Nevertheless, I wish you all Buen Camino, lots of beautiful experiences and nice weather all along the way !

Hi Ivana,

I hope you get well soon. Apart from rest, enlist the services of a good Physiotherapist as well to hasten your recovery. The Camino will always be there for you to enjoy when the time is right.

Ivana,

I'm so sorry to read your news. I know you must be terribly disappointed. Life is sure filled with twists and turns. Robert Burns the poet sadly had it right when he wrote "the best laid schemes o' mice and men gang aft agley." I'm wishing you peace with this situation and sending you a Buen Camino for the future!

Mary

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, I'm Sophie, age 26, originally from Massachusetts USA but spending this year abroad. I'm planning to do my Camino in October 2014, but I've just begun the planning. Hope I meet some of you en route!

Hi guys, I plan to start my 1st camino leaving SJPdP around 2/3rd Sept. Hopefully meet up at some stage. Can't wait :)

Welcome to the September crowd! May your path be a smooth one. Buen camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi,
I am planning to leave from SJPP around September 5 - 7. Getting very excited but also a little bit nervous. This is something I wanted to do for many years and finally is going to happen!

Welcome to the September group. Will be leaving on September 9th, a few days behind you, so feel free to clear the path ahead. Buen camino!

I am still quite undecided where I'm going to start from I was thinking SJPP and then I read that someone started in Lourdes. Decisions, decisions! Do I add 100 K at the front or at the end and go all the way to Finistere? Whatever happens it's going to be awesome! I just might add a few days at the beginning I'm not sure yet?

Dale
YourPinkFriend.com

€46,-
I am still quite undecided where I'm going to start from I was thinking SJPP and then I read that someone started in Lourdes. Decisions, decisions! Do I add 100 K at the front or at the end and go all the way to Finistere? Whatever happens it's going to be awesome! I just might add a few days at the beginning I'm not sure yet?

Dale
YourPinkFriend.com
I was the same but decided I will try to go to Finisterre if I have time. By starting in SJPdP I hope to at least reach SDC.

Ivana,

I'm so sorry to read your news. I know you must be terribly disappointed. Life is sure filled with twists and turns. Robert Burns the poet sadly had it right when he wrote "the best laid schemes o' mice and men gang aft agley." I'm wishing you peace with this situation and sending you a Buen Camino for the future!

Mary
Yes, while we are busy planning, life goes on according to its own scheme :) Thank you very much, as Angelo said above, Camino will be there once I recover... Good luck to you all!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wow so many people are starting late August - Sept.
Is anyone starting beginning of August or is everyone smarter than I am and trying to avoid getting heat stroke? :)

Wow so many people are starting late August - Sept.
Is anyone starting beginning of August or is everyone smarter than I am and trying to avoid getting heat stroke? :)

I'm starting on Aug 24 and spending my first night at Orisson. So for those starting the 25th and doing the SJPdP to Roncesvalles stretch in one day, we're hopefully meeting up there.

BUT---this is what I want to post to the August September crew: we will potentially be running into two very major bike races during our pilgrimage. The Vuelta de España crosses many of our paths and ends in Santiago on Sept 14. Look online for the schedule. This is not likely to be a huge problem as the Vuelta moves quickly from stage to stage. Not a continuous route. And it's raucous fun, as well.

The one really likely to mess with many of us is the Road Bike International Championships which are taking place in Ponferrada Sept 20-28! A huge chunk of our time in that area. Only the seventh time ever in Spain in its 81 year history.

So what, you may say?

Consider that there may be more bike pilgrims with dreams of zooming on the Camino like their heroes. Or, how about the fact that the Albergues will be even more full because the Casa Rurales, Hostales, and hotels will be packed with race fans!? This is likely to impact us for many miles in every direction of Ponferrada.

Just a heads up!

If you're willing to go back a few days, I start August 24. Camino Francés. Starting in SJPdP

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just reading all these posts is so exciting and fascinating - I am leaving on 9th September from SJPP on my first Camino - just starting the prep now and thinking of investing in a poncho after all these debates! See you along the route perhaps?

Just reading all these posts is so exciting and fascinating - I am leaving on 9th September from SJPP on my first Camino - just starting the prep now and thinking of investing in a poncho after all these debates! See you along the route perhaps?

I too am starting on the 9th of September. Hope to see you along the Way!

Buen Camino!

€60,-

Ahhhh, another September 9th companion. Hope to meet you along the Way. Buen camino!

The router for the Vuela are below.
Stage 1, Saturday, August 23: Jerez de la Frontera, 12.6km team time trial
Stage 2, Sunday, August 24: Algeciras to San Fernando, 174.4km
Stage 3, Monday, August 25: Cadiz to Arcos de la Frontera, 188km
Stage 4, Tuesday, August 26: Mairena del Alcor to Cordoba, 172.6km
Stage 5, Wednesday, August 27: Priego de Cordoba to Ronda, 182.3km
Stage 6, Thursday August 28: Benalmadena to La Zubia, 157.7km
Stage 7, Friday, August 29: Alhendin to Alcaudete, 165.4km
Stage 8, Saturday, August 30: Baeza to Albacete, 207.4km
Stage 9, Sunday, August 31: Carboneras de Guadazon to Aramon Valdelinares, 181km
Rest day, Monday, September 1
Stage 10, Tuesday, September 2: Monasterio de Veruela to Borja, 34.5km individual time trial
Stage 11, Wednesday, September 3: Pamplona to San Miguel de Aralar, 151km
Stage 12, Thursday, September 4: Logrono to Logrono, 168km
Stage 13, Friday, September 5: Belorado to Obregon, 182km
Stage 14, Saturday, September 6: Santander to La Camperona, 199km
Stage 15, Sunday, September 7: Oviedo to Lagos de Covadonga, 149km
Stage 16, Monday, September 8: San Martin del Rey Aurelio to La Farrapona, 158.8km
Rest day, Tuesday, September 9
Stage 17, Wednesday, September 10: Ortigueira to A Corua, 174 km
Stage 18, Thursday, September 11: A Estrada to Monte Castrove en Meis, 173.5 km
Stage 19, Friday, September 12: Salvaterra de Mio to Cangas do Morrazo, 176.5 km
Stage 20, Saturday, September 13: Santa Estebo de Ribas do Sil to Ancares, 163.8km
Stage 21, Sunday, September 14: Santiago de Compostela, 10km individual time trial
Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2014...14-vuelta-a-espana_312974#Rswj7YEXmdV98k2K.99

€60,-
Planning a trip this September from SJPP to Santiago. I figure it should take about 35 days? Am 26 years old and in decent shape. Getting excited about my journey. Open to advice/suggestions!
Charlie
CA
No advice/suggestions for you Charlie as I am planning my 1st trip also. What date will you be arriving in SJPdP?

Probably sometime the last week of Sept. I am thinking the 29th or 30th. I will be flying into Paris and taking the high speed rail to Bayonne and over to SJPdP. U?

I plan to fly into Paris 1st sept. How long does that train take to get to Bayonne? How much does it cost? I'm also looking into flights to Biarritz :)

Avoiding the drudgery of entering Burgos
Hi
I saw this from AnnaKappa and thought I would post it on this forum. I have emailed it to myself so when I get to the Burgos I can follow her advice.

"Before starting our second Camino, I did a bit of researching regarding the alternative route into Burgos. The distance probably works out the same, but instead of walking through the whole unpleasant factory area, plus all the built up area heading into the city, we tried the following:
Follow the yellow arrows on leaving Orbaneja Riopico. Cross by bridge over the highway and as you descend the other side, take an immediate left at the side of the first building. Follow this path, which eventually leads you to the perimeter fence of the airport (on your right). After a short walk, you will arrive in the village of Castañares. Cross immediately the main road and walk straight ahead, passing a children's playground, bearing right at a factory, cross a small river by footbridge and the path becomes a small track under trees, running parallel to a highway (on your left). Continue until you see an underpass below the highway, which you take and you then enter an enormous recreational area, which follows the Río Arlanzón all the way to the centre of Burgos (and continues out the other side). You can even walk along a mini beach at one point! Don't be tempted to cross the river by one of the two big bridges for motorized traffic, but wait until you suddenly see the spires of the cathedral just ahead and to the right of you. Take this pedestrian bridge (the 3rd from when you entered the recreational area). Go under the old arch, Puerta de Santa María and you will find yourself standing immediately in the main square in front of the cathedral. The total distance from Castañares is just under 7 kms. The whole track is well signed with yellow arrows and is so much more pleasant than the "official" route. I still wonder why the guide books suggest the other route!"

Sounds far nicer. Perhaps other pilgrims will see this too and we will help each other remember once we get to that stage?

2 Sept is my departure date! If there are any other solo walkers who fancy company I'd be pleased to meet up with you. :)

2 Sept is my departure date! If there are any other solo walkers who fancy company I'd be pleased to meet up with you. :)

Where are you starting from on the 2nd? I'll be leaving from SJPDP but a week behind you on the 9th. Please leave some chocolate croissants for us lagging behind!

€149,-
September Trekkers

updated 7/10. Getting closer fellow Peregrinos' !! :)

August 23 -Geoff Stewart, Allister
August 28th - Agnogel, Sami Aaltonen
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge, Denisealldridge,
September 10th
September 11th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey , Jacquelineharris, alrushton
September 16th -Jabaldo, GreatDane( Zubiri)
eptember 18th
September 19th -Holly, ksam
September 22nd –jdpigue
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncesvalles)
September 25th
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M , organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st - awakeningaimee

DeadFred- it looks like my post doesn't show up. Maybe it's just not on my mobile. Would you add me to your departure list? I leave SJPdP on Aug 24

Thank you!

Buen Camino
Arn

Hello everyone:
On my 69th birthday last year, my daughter said "Mom, I want to do this, and I want you to do it with me." At the time I had a yeah, right, moment, but then thought - why not? I will be 70 when we begin, and the encouragement of a few of the "seasoned" pilgrims has been very inspirational.

We will arrive in Madrid on August 27, and make our way to St. Jean to attempt to complete the journey. Serious preparations have begun, and the excitement is growing with each passing day.

This is such a wonderful resource for those of us who are new to this sort of adventure. Thank you all for the enlightenment and courage to forge ahead.
Now I think I'll go walk on the beach.....

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello everyone:
On my 69th birthday last year, my daughter said "Mom, I want to do this, and I want you to do it with me." At the time I had a yeah, right, moment, but then thought - why not? I will be 70 when we begin, and the encouragement of a few of the "seasoned" pilgrims has been very inspirational.

We will arrive in Madrid on August 27, and make our way to St. Jean to attempt to complete the journey. Serious preparations have begun, and the excitement is growing with each passing day.

This is such a wonderful resource for those of us who are new to this sort of adventure. Thank you all for the enlightenment and courage to forge ahead.
Now I think I'll go walk on the beach.....
70 years is a great time to walk the Camino. My 62 year old wife walked with me this spring ( I am also 70 years old). 41 marvellous days starting in Roncesvalles on Ash Wednesday and arriving to Santiago for Easter.
I assure this will be a unique and fabulous experience.
Buen Camino!

updated 7/12.

2014 September Peregrinos
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-2014-peregrinos.24717/page-5

August 23 -Geoff Stewart, Allister
August 24-zolarose
August 28th - Agnogel, Sami Aaltonen
August 31st -Oso, lhlyda
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea ,Purrrrple Panda
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura, Denise Aldridge, Denisealldridge,
jessica.vthhiker,
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara
September 10th
September 11th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, Jacquelineharris, alrushton
September 16th -Jabaldo, Great Dane (Zubiri)
J18th
September 19th -Holly, ksam
September 22nd –jdpigue
September 23rd -Silvester , CaptBuddy(Roncesvalles)
September 25th-s3sfamily(Leon)
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M , organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaimee

I just realized that I never signed into the class of 2014. I have been on this forum for some time now offering my 2 cents on many topics. I am sure you have guess by now I have not yet walked my first Camino, so why do I have 2 cents to offer. Well I call it life experience. My wife and I will be departing SJPP on September 16, maybe the 17th. Our plan is to walk to we stop. Sounds like a great plan to me. We are retired living in up state NY and we are looking to live the next chapter in our life as world citizens. We are now starting to look at the world differently, hopefully without blinders. What better way then to walk in the foot steps of thousands who have gone before us. I am so excited it is like being 5 years old on Christmas morning.
I hope to meet you along the way, I will be the one with a big smile and a hop in my step.
Buen Camino to you all and thank you for putting up with me.

I leave for Madrid at Shocking O'Clock tomorrow morning, hope to make it to Roncevalles for the night and starting to walk from there. Excited and somewhat nervous. FSO weight with snacks (cheapie flight) but no water is about 14 lbs. I was hoping for about 10 but had some weight creep :(
Clothes are the problem...I'm large and therefore so are my clothes, and my sleeping bag liner...
OTOH, I've got a 30 litre bag and it seems to be about right. Not a lot of free space for bocadillos though. Mind you, I have my shoes in there atm, hat, fleece, and a few other things I'll actually be wearing when walking.

Hi all
I just booked my flights for September arriving in CDG on the 2nd. Somehow make my way down to SJPdP. All a crazy adventure about it - only decided I was going yesterday!
I'm setting out from SJPDP on 2nd. Booked my flight from UK, earlier in the week! Been procrastinating about it for weeks now and just decided to go for it! Looking forward to the crazy, scarey journey! :)

Buen Camino

Ricky

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.