• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Closeout Gear Website

renegadepilgrim

Veteran Pilgrim and Traveler
Time of past OR future Camino
2010: Camino Frances, 2011: Santo Domingo de la Calzada (Hospitalera), 2012: Camino Portuguese from Porto, 2015: Camino Norte
Just thought I would let ya'll know about a website in the US that has close-out gear. It's called The Clymb. Unfortunately, it's still an invite-only website, so here is the link for an invite:

http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/HeatherKnight

Basically, how the site works is they get great deals on closeouts. Some of the brands they have had sales for include: Mountain Hardware, SIGG, Teva, Keen, Mountainsmith, etc. Every week, there are usually one or two sales that last three days at a time. I just bought a Mountain Hardware backpack I am hoping to make my next Camino pack. You never know what is going to be for sale, sometimes it's clothing, sometimes it's snowboard boots or goggles, sometimes it's mountain bike gear. It's great if you do a lot of outdoor activities.

Anyways, this might be a resource for people preparing for their Camino. Please note, they don't do international shipping right now and they don't ship to PO boxes or APO/FPO either. The plus side is that since they are based in Oregon, there is no sales tax!! :)

I thought people might be interested in this.....hope it helps! I am a major bargain shopper and did not pay full price for any of my Camino gear, instead buying stuff on sale or at closeout prices at REI or Next Adventure here in Portland.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Molto Grazie!! This sounds like my kinda website!

You are welcome....I've been on it for about a year, just recently bought my first item. Waiting for it to arrive. There is a wee bit of lag for shipping, but when you are getting things at 50% or more off the MSRP, well, that's okay to wait a bit.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Todays items are Kelty packs, sleeping bags and tents....I think I may have found my next Camino sleeping bag. Weighs just under 2 lbs.....rated to 40F. Just under $70.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
clim2f88j said:
i will be buying the kelty bag today..but question, how will those sleeping bags fit in that bag?

What do you mean?

http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/HeatherKnight

The Clymb has Kelty stuff on sale again. They have the 2lb sleeping bag I bought a few months ago. They also have some backpacks I think are small enough for the Camino. The sale runs another day or so.

Another website to check out is: http://www.steepandcheap.com They also have closeout items daily, from tents to clothing to backpacks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Anniesantiago said:
All I saw were daypacks and gloves :(

Oh I see! It changes every day!

Duhhhhh :oops:

Yeah, I was a little slow to post....the specials usually last three days unless they sell out. Keep watching them, though. That's the second time the Kelty stuff has been up in the past three months. I scored a 2lb down sleeping bag for half price! I need something a little warmer since I like to do my Camino in the "shoulder" season which as I noticed this past year, means CRAZY weather from hot to snow.... :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
They have SIGG bottles right now for good prices.....

http://theclymb.com/invite-from/HeatherKnight

FYI, they have Kelty sleeping bags and backpacks at The Clymb right now....the yellow Lightyear 40 degree bag is the one I just bought last fall. Weighs .8kg or 1.2lb. Good price!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Renegade,
The 40 degree light year bag shows it weighs 2 lb 3oz (the fill weight is 18oz). Is it really that light??

That's what the tag on my bag says. Make sure you're looking at the women's model. Oops, just double checked. It's 1lb 12 oz. Missed a number! Still, it weighs nice and light and packs down to nearly nothing.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
How much did it set you back? This is a good price on a decent bag that doesn't weigh much. My other bag weighed closer to three pounds but had more fill so I couldn't compress it as much as my new Kelty bag. I'm looking forward to getting my pack even lighter for my next Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
falcon269 said:
An earlier, and lighter, model of this mummy bag:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=129749

It was under $20 on closeout, and removing stuff sack and tags kept it to a pound. It is rated 40 degrees, but I would agree with a current rating of 50 degrees. It is not a cold weather bag!!!

That's not too bad....I've found that the Marmot Pounder and some of the other ultralight bags start out around $200, averaging $250, and since my last bag was almost 3 lbs, cutting my weight in half is going to make a huge difference to me. The price on the Kelty was half what it normally is. I am blessed to live in the Pacific NW, and home to companies like Columbia, Nike, Adidas, etc, and I have access to all of their employee stores through connections with my friends who work for those companies. I don't pay full price for any of my gear except maybe my shoes..... :)

That's a nice one for the tallboys but us shorties can save some weight with a regular size. I'm also hesitant to go with that temp rating since I encountered snow and 8 degree C weather in the middle of May. That was not fun!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can get rid of the extra length, but at a price:

http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/ ... cfm/WE2199

Check the specifications on the regular and short. It is a top-rated, three season bag at a very low weight. There are tradeoffs when shopping for bargains. I just use the extra foot space for my clothes/wallet. It keeps them warm, secure, safe from bedbugs, and not underneath me.

The sale today on The Clymb includes Camelbak packs and water bottles, plus for those bikers out there, Sugoi bicycling gear and Uvex helmets.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Today has Geigerrig Hydration Bladders in 3L and 2L models for sale at $24.98 on The Clymb,
http://www.theclymb.com .....if you need an invite to join, let me know.

These hydration bladders look bullet-proof and they have an excellent warranty. I also like how easy they are to fill and clean. Plus they have an inline filter you can use on them....anyways, I think I am going to get the 2L model.

Most read last week in this forum

In a quandry about whether to wear my hiking sandals or leather hiking boots on the Camino.
My daughter is coming with me and wondering if a 2-piece swimsuit is appropriate, or if she needs a 1-piece. Suggestions?
Hi everyone I'm really having problems with planning what to pack for my walk from SJPP during mid March. From what I understand the Napolean route will still be closed? And the big headache is...
I'm currently refining my packing list for the Camino Frances, starting in SJPDP on September 24, and walking through to the end of October/beginning of November. While I understand that the...
Any places to grab some before/during the Camino Frances? Don't think I'll be able to grab any in advance.
Best app to keep family and friends updated on your Camino whereabouts?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.