• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Comfortable and lightweight women shorts /pants

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Don't know how solid your thighs truly are, but you may find some interesting products at Sportives Plus. They have all sorts of pants, skirts, shorts, pants you can roll up, corsaires, the works.
Have just bought a pair of under armour shorts......super light and very comfy.....wanted them for sleeping in mostly....but would be fine for walking or swimming.....very quick drying.....don't usually go for brands just comfort.....but these are great

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Have just bought a pair of under armour shorts......super light and very comfy.....wanted them for sleeping in mostly....but would be fine for walking or swimming.....very quick drying.....don't usually go for brands just comfort.....but these are great
Thanks, will try them out... :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Leave all your pants at home

Take one Macabi skirt and some boy-cut underwear or leggings so your thighs don't rub together
Cool in hot weather, warm in cold weather, dries in one hour, never gets dirty.
Wash once every two weeks.
Easy Peasy
Cool! Now there's a thought! Doesn't the skirt constrain your movements though??

Hi Helene -- I just bought a pair of pRana Halle pants and love them. They do not zip off but roll up to capris. They have a little bit of stretch and are very comfy. They also come in a short length (I am 5'3", 165 lbs and wear a size 12). They weight 10.5 oz.

I've got the chunky thighs problem also -- I just had to return a pair of Sierra rain pants that fit me everywhere except the thighs! I'd love to follow Annie's advice and just leave the pants behind as skirts sound much cooler and freer. But alas, my personal pair of chunky thighs rub together so I would have to wear shorts under the skirt and that starts to defeat the purpose :rolleyes:!

Before I bought the pRana's I also thought about the Marmot Nomad roll up pants. But my local shop had the pRana's in stock and I could try them on so....

Cool! Now there's a thought! Doesn't the skirt constrain your movements though??
Hélène, the Macabi is made with a lot of fabric and the first priority in its cut is not to make you look as if you have lost 10 pounds ;0) It is actually made so you can bring up the hem up to pin it near your hips, so you can imagine how ample it is. I think its super cute when made short. I'm actually going to bring mine to La Tienda in Verdun today to show it to them. Could they carry them here?

Regarding Sportives Plus, they have a few stores in QC: rue St-Denis, in Laval, one on the South Shore, the Gatineau & Qc City. I own the Cherokee retractable pant (the one you roll up) - love it's cargo pockets on top of regular ones, as well as the Freedom Capri (no cargo pockets but still one with a zip on the leg, but not as big)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Fiona, I was actually looking at these on line last night, on the Eastbay site. I was wondering about the compression level, and what length of leg would be most appropriate: 5 inches enough? Also wondering how you would equate their sizes with "standard" women's cloathing size. Which model di you buy? Thank you.

Take one Macabi skirt and some boy-cut underwear or leggings so your thighs don't rub together
Easy Peasy
Annie, I am thinking of getting eh Macabi skirt for my next Camino. Do you know the weight of the skirt?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Really? That is only 5.5 ounces. Amazing! Wonderful! Do they run roomy. Trying to decide on the size. Also where do you get boy-cut underwear that is fast drying and light weight?

Really? That is only 5.5 ounces. Amazing! Wonderful! Do they run roomy. Trying to decide on the size. Also where do you get boy-cut underwear that is fast drying and light weight?
Nancy, I find Macabi's size chart to be true to size. As for the male undies, someone suggested www.eastbay.com - but they have so many models I'm confused. Actually, they also have women's shorts. I believe that the ones I first saw mentioned here were the men ones that sell for 10$. They have many others, but more expensive. The ladies' shorts run 25-35$, but they are compression shorts, and I'm not sure that's what I want: girdle on the Camino? ;0)

Nancy, forgot to mention the length. I'm 5'4". I do not like the below the knee look, so I knew I would not choose the short. The regular, which I bought, hits me a few inches above the ankle, perhaps where a hicking book would hit. And it's perfect. The Long would have hit the ground. The regular, once flipped up hits just above the knee, it will not convert into a super mini ;0)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Nancy, I find Macabi's size chart to be true to size. As for the male undies, someone suggested www.eastbay.com - but they have so many models I'm confused. Actually, they also have women's shorts. I believe that the ones I first saw mentioned here were the men ones that sell for 10$. They have many others, but more expensive. The ladies' shorts run 25-35$, but they are compression shorts, and I'm not sure that's what I want: girdle on the Camino? ;0)
Thanks. I just use EsOfficio undies because they dry so fast and are so light. Wow, was that too much information. I guess I will just have to hope my legs dont chaife.

They are very roomy. I would just be sure to take a pair of leggings, short or long, to wear underneath.
Like the ones you wear for yoga or exercising.
I'm LDS so my underwear works :)

Easy Peasy
Love this skirt but traveling April /May so not sure if it fits my bill......definitely perfect for summer or lounging in evening

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fiona, I was actually looking at these on line last night, on the Eastbay site. I was wondering about the compression level, and what length of leg would be most appropriate: 5 inches enough? Also wondering how you would equate their sizes with "standard" women's cloathing size. Which model di you buy? Thank you.
Bought at Tkmax so won't be recent model....they have about two inches waist band that is slightly tighter which is dark blue and short light denim blue....am walking April/May so not really expecting weather warm enough to walk in them....but if it was I would feel the length was ok....I am uk 14/16 size and bought large.....really comfy not tight.......have really only bought them to sleep in on this trip.

I wore mine in April and May. In the snow, rain, sleet, hail, and sun.
Awesome!
Maybe have to try and find a stockist as do really like the look of them.....do they come in varying lengths as am about six ft tall

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bought at Tkmax so won't be recent model....they have about two inches waist band that is slightly tighter which is dark blue and short light denim blue....am walking April/May so not really expecting weather warm enough to walk in them....but if it was I would feel the length was ok....I am uk 14/16 size and bought large.....really comfy not tight.......have really only bought them to sleep in on this trip.
Thank you Fiona. There are so many models I'm confused as to what to get. Always amazes me that there is so much internet shopping for clothes when you can feel nor try them. Do you think yours may have a model number of the tag? I could then tell the customer service that I am looking in that texture. Also, thanks for the size info. It's not as if men's thighs are built like ours ;0)

Thank you Fiona. There are so many models I'm confused as to what to get. Always amazes me that there is so much internet shopping for clothes when you can feel nor try them. Do you think yours may have a model number of the tag? I could then tell the customer service that I am looking in that texture. Also, thanks for the size info. It's not as if men's thighs are built like ours ;0)
I just picked up a few different styles from what was available in the store....they were not my favourite until I tried them on....I don't do much internet shopping with being tall always best to try on first....don't like the hassle of having to send stuff back...have just found style code 1250719....hope that helps

I wore my Macabi skirt in all weathers, from beg.July to end of November. Heat, cold, rain, wind... It really is great, I can't walk in anything else now (which seems slightly ridiculous!)
The only thing I added was a pair of merino leggings when it was very cold.
Btw, mine weighs 276 g, or 9 and 3/4 ounces

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I got llbean's Comfort Trail Pants, Cropped and really like them. The fabric is lightweight and fast drying. They come in petite sizes and are loose fitting. They feel like a pair of pajamas. Would normally wear more form fitting pants but the cut of these makes them cool (temperature wise) and very comfortable. They are a little longer than most cropped pants but I'm not sure I will shorten them since the length would help with sun protection in September. They also have a regular length Comfort Trail Pants made of the same fabric,but I haven't tried them.
I'm also taking my Royal Robbins Discovery skirt which I find to be very comfortable with great pockets. Will wear long tights when it gets cooler in October on vdlp. I tried various anti chafing underwear and I found Jockeys skimmies anti static slipshorts the best. No seams to bind, lightweight, and quick drying, but alas, expensive.

I wore my macabi skirt last year on the Camino Frances June to July. Absolutely perfect and will wear it again this year with our grandson. I ordered it online and got the slimmer fit long one and took a short version as extra. 7CF348A1-DC08-48E4-8B43-E7BD8367496A.jpeg9978303D-2815-4520-9B2A-4BF13DEDDE85.jpegPerfect!

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back