• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD + Covid and entry into Spain

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzanne A

Peregrina desde 2015
Time of past OR future Camino
2015 CF, 2016 CP, 2018 Le Puy, 2019 CF,
2022 Prim
Hello, Received + PCR test today ( tested yesterday). I fly out of Lyon to fly to Madrid on May 20th. Does anyone know if I will need to show an official verification of Negative test when filling out SpTH form?
That will be 10 days post test and 12 days post symptom onset. I have home test kits , that’s how I initially found out I was positive.
BTW I have mild case with fatigue and light dry cough.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yikes Suzanne! I read the Spth preamble just now. It appears that if you’re arriving by air you will have to show your vaccinations record *or* a negative test. So the vax record you used to enter the EU should be sufficient.

Received + PCR test today ( tested yesterday). I fly out of Lyon to fly to Madrid on May 20th. Does anyone know if I will need to show an official verification of Negative test when filling out SpTH form? That will be 10 days post test and 12 days post symptom onset. I have home test kits , that’s how I initially found out I was positive.
For up to date info, read what it says on the first page of https://www.spth.gob.es. I assume that you will need to provide adequate proof at Lyon airport.

From what I understand, you will not be able to get an EU Digital Covid Certificate of Recovery because it would still be a day or so too early.

I would probably get a Rapid Antigen test just before the flight which will get you an EU DCC of Diagnostic Test (many people do test negative 12 days past sympton onset, especially when they had been vaccinated before the illness).

When you have a valid EU DCC of any kind (vaccination, recovery, test) you do not need to fill out the SpTH form. You just have to have this adequate proof with you.

As cases like yours are not clearly addressed on the website or in the app (I checked), I could think of another option that would work but would not be quite correct; because you could already fly today with this method (just use your vaccination card to get the SpTH code) ... This is rather odd.

Get well soon!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
For up to date info, read what it says on the first page of https://www.spth.gob.es. I assume that you will need to provide adequate proof at Lyon airport.

From what I understand, you will not be able to get an EU Digital Covid Certificate of Recovery because it would still be a day or so too early.

I would probably get a Rapid Antigen test just before the flight which will get you an EU DCC of Diagnostic Test (many people do test negative 12 days past sympton onset, especially when they had been vaccinated before the illness).

When you have a valid EU DCC of any kind (vaccination, recovery, test) you do not need to fill out the SpTH form. You just have to have this adequate proof with you.

As cases like yours are not clearly addressed on the website or in the app (I checked), I could think of another option that would work but would not be quite correct; because you could already fly today with this method (just use your vaccination card to get the SpTH code) ... This is rather odd.

Get well soon!
Thanks, I checked as well and my problem wasn’t specifically addressed-

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back