• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Entry into Spain

• Thread starter Former member 95219
  • Start date
OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Former member 95219

Hi all. Sorry very basic question as so confused. UK national flying UK to Spain! Just an antigen test right?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks but am I right in think antigen test not PCR

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not for travellers from the UK. Since 7 June 2021 at least, it must be a PCR test, an antigen test is not enough.

Spanish government sources, current (14 August 2021):

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm
Tab Entry Requirements from Third Countries, Point k):
Persons with a vaccination certificate, that the [Spanish] Ministry of Health recognizes for this purpose, after verification by the health authorities, as well as their accompanying minors (under 12 years of age). For persons resident in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland coming directly from this country, in addition to the vaccination certificate, diagnostic certificates of NAAT tests (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g.: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, HAD, NEAR, CRISPR, SDA.....) will also be considered valid.​
Orden INT/657/2020, de 17 de julio in combination with ResoluciĂłn de 4 de junio de 2021
Point k) in combination with Point SĂ©ptimo 1:
Pruebas de amplificaciĂłn de ácido nucleico molecular (NAAT), cuya muestra haya sido obtenida dentro de las 72 horas anteriores a la llegada a España.​
Point SĂ©ptimo 2 lists antigen tests but they are explicitly excluded for travellers from the UK.​

Last edited:
Hi all. Sorry very basic question as so confused. UK national flying UK to Spain! Just an antigen test right?
I fly out tomorrow to Malaga, then Blabla shared journey to Seville to start the Plata. As far as I believe UK nationals going to Spain only need to show evidence of jabs. No test.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I believe that it is a negative PCR test that is needed, and that an antigen test result will be rejected. It is the airline that you are flying with who are going to be controlling your right to board and to fly, and a negative PCR test undertaken within the previous 72 hours is never rejected.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not for travellers from the UK. Since 7 June 2021 at least, it must be a PCR test, an antigen test is not enough.

Spanish government sources, current (14 August 2021):

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm
Tab Entry Requirements from Third Countries, Point k):
Persons with a vaccination certificate, that the [Spanish] Ministry of Health recognizes for this purpose, after verification by the health authorities, as well as their accompanying minors (under 12 years of age). For persons resident in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland coming directly from this country, in addition to the vaccination certificate, diagnostic certificates of NAAT tests (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g.: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, HAD, NEAR, CRISPR, SDA.....) will also be considered valid.​
Orden INT/657/2020, de 17 de julio in combination with ResoluciĂłn de 4 de junio de 2021
Point k) in combination with Point SĂ©ptimo 1:
Pruebas de amplificaciĂłn de ácido nucleico molecular (NAAT), cuya muestra haya sido obtenida dentro de las 72 horas anteriores a la llegada a España.​
Point SĂ©ptimo 2 lists antigen tests but they are explicitly excluded for travellers from the UK.​
My understanding is simply this
For a tourist from the UK if double jabbed you don’t need anything else than proof of vaccination.
This “in addition” reads “also acceptable” and not in addition to….

My understanding is simply this
For a tourist from the UK if double jabbed you don’t need anything else than proof of vaccination.
This “in addition” reads “also acceptable” and not in addition to….
Correct. It's an unfortunate - read confusing - way of wording it on the Spanish government website. They simply translated the legal text word for word from Spanish into English and then copy-pasted it onto the website without explanation for laypersons.

Than you! It’s clear now! I’m not jabbed so PCR it is!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
So frustrating. The websites are very confusing. Coming from Canada, transmitting through Germany and into Bilbao Spain. It looks like I need the Spain QR code but will that suffice with proof of vaccination through Germany. It looks like Frankfurt is my initial EU stop, then flying into Spain is considered domestic and requirements change. Help!

Remember, even though this does not currently concern the UK, that when "antigen" is mentioned as a requirement, it means the one done by a lab, not the lateral flow self-test.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back