• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cumulus Magic 125 zip

Cristinaa

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2016
Hi all

Ive been reading people's recommendations for sleeping bags and was wondering if anyone has used the Cumulus Magic 125 zip? At 315g... seems like a winner...and affordable price also. Thoughts? ideas?

cristina

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello Cristina - I recently asked the same question. I was looking at the Enlightened Equipment quilt as well as the Cumulus. I don't really like the mummy style feet in sleeping bags, even with the zip undone, so I opted for the EE quilt... but I have to say I thought the Cumulus seemed to offer excellent value for money and a really low weight.... for me the bottom line was the mummy feet.

here's the old thread... sorry I cant help more https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...nlightened-bags-and-quilts.37977/#post-370810

Hello Cristina - I recently asked the same question. I was looking at the Enlightened Equipment quilt as well as the Cumulus. I don't really like the mummy style feet in sleeping bags, even with the zip undone, so I opted for the EE quilt... but I have to say I thought the Cumulus seemed to offer excellent value for money and a really low weight.... for me the bottom line was the mummy feet.

here's the old thread... sorry I cant help more https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...nlightened-bags-and-quilts.37977/#post-370810

Oh thanks! I had looked at these but they seemed way more expensive and i didnt think they shipped to Australia for some reason. Looking again i see how the pricing all works out once you input your bag temp/sizing etc and its quite similar price to the Cumulus and weight also...and yeah i think i like the freedom of being able to open it up fully. I think i may go with this.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@Cristinaa - I was thinking th same as you. The cumulus are in europe and a little cheaper... similiar sort of comfort level and so on. I was worried that perhaps I'd have to add taxes as well as shipping to the cost. But @Dutch seemed to love his quilt so much it kind of swayed me... if for no other reason than something had to.

I'm hoping the quit lasts for years and the packaging costs will be worth it...for feet freedom :D

I wholeheartedly agree about freeing the feet. I purchased a rather expensive down bag/blanket weighing under 500 grams and haven't regretted it. My first ever experience of a sleeping bag was on my first Camino and I originally purchased a snugpak mummy style and hated the constriction.

Thoughts? ideas?

The weight at 290 grams is good.

An important consideration is the normal temperature it is designed for. Under the heading Specifications it says "comfort temperature = 13 C" and "limit temperature = 10 C"

Those seem like normal room temperature at night from late Spring to early Autumn.

Many who have done longer pilgrimages suggest a silk sleeping bag liner will work just as well at about those times of the year. And some report a silk liner protects against bed bugs!!!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My "Revelation" Enlightened quilt just arrived, and it's warm down to 30 degrees, very lightweight, and compacts well. If you are in a hurry, be aware they take about five weeks to deliver as they're custom made (you pick the warmth rating, size and colors), though there are some "off the shelf" models available.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.