• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cycling the European Divide

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Think I was there on my last Camino, Spring 2019 part of it (it's Catalonia) :

6774.jpg

Other direction though.

And here are just a few of the lessons I learned: civilisation isn’t civilised; there will be problems – the trail will teach you how to fix them; bring a full roll of duct tape; never pass a good swim spot; lube your chain; eat, eat, eat. And most importantly: strangers make great friends.

The comment caught my eye as it applies to any camino

- "there will be problems – the trail will teach you how to fix them"

- "strangers make great friends."

Swimming, eating and the use of duct tape may also be involved on a camino but can't make "lube your chain" fit.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
How interesting! I bet a few people here are already thinking about walking it...
Indeed. If I were younger I'd love trying; now at 84 I still like reading about biking.
Summer 1959 when 20 I biked using 3 speeds from London to Rome in four months.Wore no helmet, simple clothes and used canvas paniers but after walking up the Alps the 80 km descent into Nice was great.
Most importantly I learned not only how to patch tyres but the importance of tenacity and the simple pleasure of following a dream to make it come true.
...Even then it was
Ultreia.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...
Hi all I am considering cycling the coastal route but wondered if any / many albergues have minimum cycling distances. Eg do I have to ride a minimum amount per day to be able to stay in an...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.