A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Cycling the world on £5 a day for 7 years

Advertisment

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo (2018) if all vital signs working
Quite an amazing journey indeed.
I particularly enjoy books on solo travel and recently re-read 'Lone Traveller - One Woman,Two Wheels and the World', by Anne Mustoe. In 1987, a headmistress from London, in her 60s! followed ancient Roman roads to Lisbon, across South America, over the Pacific to Australia and Indonesia, then on to the Silk Road from Xi'an back to Rome. I loved her opening quote. "You don't have to be twenty, male and an ace mechanic to set out on a great journey". I am in awe of the likes of both Leigh Timmis and Miss Mustoe.

Annette london

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Quite an amazing journey indeed.
I particularly enjoy books on solo travel and recently re-read 'Lone Traveller - One Woman,Two Wheels and the World', by Anne Mustoe. In 1987, a headmistress from London, in her 60s! followed ancient Roman roads to Lisbon, across South America, over the Pacific to Australia and Indonesia, then on to the Silk Road from Xi'an back to Rome. I loved her opening quote. "You don't have to be twenty, male and an ace mechanic to set out on a great journey". I am in awe of the likes of both Leigh Timmis and Miss Mustoe.
Hi there mspath and movinmaggie
Two more books on my list now!!

You might also like a solo travellers book called " Half the world away" A 27,000km journey from Alaska to Argentina" by a young man called Ian Lacey.
For me,his account was like my experience on the Camino.......the journey is as important as the destination.

He raised money for the Carers Association of Ireland who help those caring for their loved ones without much government help.
After all,we need to care for the Carers too!
Best wishes Annette

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 18 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 68 17.1%
  • May

Votes: 105 26.4%
  • June