A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Detour in Deba

lt56ny

Camino(s) past & future
2013-Frances SJP-Finisterre, 2015 Camino Le Puy-Santiago, 2017 Portugues Lisbon-Santiago 2018 Norte
Walked through Deba today. The bridge leaving Deba is out. Looks like it will be out for a long time. You now have to walk in the opposite direction to get to a bridge to cross. It will add 2k to your day. I don’t know if this was posted before or not.

lt56ny

Camino(s) past & future
2013-Frances SJP-Finisterre, 2015 Camino Le Puy-Santiago, 2017 Portugues Lisbon-Santiago 2018 Norte
If you are following the Gronze stages it is the end of the third stage from Irun https://www.gronze.com/etapa/zarautz/deba
And before possibly the most difficult stage on the Norte
View attachment 46480
That was tough but u thought the first day from Irún to San Sebastián was harder. Every day so far has been tough. Tonight I am in Gernika. You probably are right though.
I have not followed any stage that is in Gronze or Wise Pilgrim except the first day. Taking it a little slower.

Camino(s) past & future
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
That was tough but u thought the first day from Irún to San Sebastián was harder. Every day so far has been tough. Tonight I am in Gernika. You probably are right though.
I have not followed any stage that is in Gronze or Wise Pilgrim except the first day. Taking it a little slower.
@lt56ny , we're taking it slower, and we're not following any stage in Gronze.
We're also taking alternatives away from the Camino, to enjoy coastal walking.
We're currently in Liencres, having left San Sebastian. We walked along the coast, and it was very nice. Much nicer than following the Camino directions which go straight down the carretera!
You'll find various posts about coastal alternatives on this forum.

Buen Camino!

lt56ny

Camino(s) past & future
@lt56ny , we're taking it slower, and we're not following any stage in Gronze.
We're also taking alternatives away from the Camino, to enjoy coastal walking.
We're currently in Liencres, having left San Sebastian. We walked along the coast, and it was very nice. Much nicer than following the Camino directions which go straight down the carretera!
You'll find various posts about coastal alternatives on this forum.

Buen Camino!
I have already taken some alternatives too. I too don’t follow stages.
I follow what my body tells me to do. I avoid injuries and blisters that way! Thanks

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.5%