• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Did you find all my camino money over 1000 euro on 12 /13 ju

clairescamino

Time of past OR future Camino
frances 2013
I was rushed out of the shower room in honorillos alburgue on 12th june 2013 leaving behind my body wallet with my entire trip money
I decided to comtinue my camino a very tight budget and some days without money as I have had problems withdrawing cash
There was over 1000 maybe upto 1500 in the wallet with no ID
Inside
I have a police report to confirm my loss in the case the finder did not hand it in for worry it may not be returned correctly
I am female and travelling alone
Do you know anything about it?
Many thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am so hoping you still manage to have good memories from the Camino.

Thankyou for the well wish. Loosing the money wasnt the low point. But im glad to continue there have been many good experiences too.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello claire,

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope there will be someone honest enough to return your money.

It is very good of you to continue your camino.

Que tengas un buen camino y que dios los bendiga.

Well I am home, the loss of the money was not the low point, I found the journey arduous and frustraiting at times, with many rewards and I am very happy to have completed the journey.
I suffered with blistered feet ( as did almost everyone) there was something humbling and ridiculous about self inflicted disablement and I'm not fully recovered, I have been back at work 4 days and my legs feel ready to buckle, I have shin splints.
The blisters are dried out and only unsightly, not painful, but my feet may never been the same.
I had to be social and use the albergues the whole way as the opportunity to buy some comfort from hotels was removed.
I live alone so this was a huge compromise but very rewarding as I found much camaraderie stems from this type of tolerance and sharing, in the end, it was the other people, from all backgrounds continents and countries, generations that provided the most pleasure in the more banal and mundane parts of the journey.

I found it ridiculous that anyone would do this more than once, there are spectacular scenary, real laughs, feelings of euphoria and achievement, but much toil and sweat.

Yet here I am back on the forum, still contemplating the experience and considering returning to some of the high lights.

I cant yet explain fully my feelings of the journey, why I did it or what I got from it, but it has affected me, positively I think

Buen Camino to those setting off

Hi Clairescamino,

Congrats on completing the camino, and I am sorry about the loss of your money.
You will be quite tired for a while, but when you recover fully you will look back with fond memories of the trip.
You will probably start thinking about going on the camino again,maybe a different and shorter camino.

Well done.
Irishwalker

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Clairescamino, I am sorry for the extra trial of the journey. Super excited that it hasn't turned you off of another camino adventure. My husband and I lost 400 euros from an ATM machine that lost power during a thunder storm but were able to recover it through our credit union many months later when we returned home. Needless to say, we lost many items on the camino, eye glasses, stuff bags, a fleece sweater, all misplaced. And we still want to return!

Rebecca Scott, I got a chuckle out of your post and have downloaded a sample of your book. Thanks for your perspective.

Is this Claire that met Will and me in the town where you fainted after dinner? If so, I'm so glad to hear from you. I can attest it was a difficult struggle for Claire but she kept on. I admire your tenacity with all the problems you went through. You are one of my fond memories of the Camino.
I don't know why people keep asking if we'll walk another Camino when we are still processing the Camino we just walked. It's as if the Camino we walked wasn't enough in itself. We all lost things but losing money would have been difficult to handle. Will lost his card in an ATM in Madrid at the end of the trip and we had to go to the police station and get his card canceled. You are a much stronger woman now than when you started. I'm glad we met. nancy

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Caminobd said:
Needless to say, we lost many items on the camino, eye glasses, stuff bags, a fleece sweater, all misplaced. And we still want to return!
Any hospitalero can tell that it's amazing to experience what people manage to leave behind in an albergue :mrgreen: . When something is found, it's most of the time impossible to identify who the owner was :x . And even if one could, one has no means to find out where he/she is staying next :?:

Rebekah Scott said:
on the other hand, some pilgrim out there is still probably staggered by his or her great stroke of "Camino Providence!"
I can imagine the temptation? :oops:
.......it is still stealing though.

Hey nancy & will how could I forget you! I have employment I am back earning for my next adventure. Whatever that maybe?!
I have many fond memories, new friends and humour kept me going.
I hope you slowed down a bit back home?!? Did you? Haha
Another guy I met got scammed in santiago, all his things stolen while a female took a photo for him. Tested to the end
My wisdom/advice
Take nothing on the camino you cant afford to loose& you will gain plenty
And Nancy, well done to you too xx

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Nancy if you or will use facebook it would be nice to swap, also if you hear from stella i'd love to contact her, she was a camino gem x

Rebekah I have considered my loss was someones gift of the camino, I hope the finder was struggling financially. I hope.....

Fraluchi any hospitalero that has walked the camino should not be surprised at items left, for most of us, arriving at a different bed every night ( if we are lucky - I had to sleep out one night) and leaving every morning exhausted for 30, 40days or more is well out of our comfort zone.
Ididnt meet anyone intact in santiago
Everyone left something they needed
I carried eyeglasses & a phone charger i found, i was often last to leave, i found the owners too
The journey is difficult
Not enough is written about that in my opinion.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back