• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DIY Gaiters

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If anyone has basic sewing skills, there is a simple pattern for "mini gaiters" on Pinterest. I made these for my husband and the cost was less than $10 for a pair and they took about 1/2 hour to make. Plus, you can customize them for colour!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

What kind of material did you use? Did you treat it? Nice colors & print!

Wow, even lighter than mine (Rab, 100g). Do you have to put them on before you put your shoes on?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Why not start a specific thread on home made gaiters, instead of hijacking a thread specific to the review of a product?

I’m female and easily distracted by pretty things.

Rockywoods and Seattle Fabrics both can supply waterproof breathable fabrics. I do not sew myself, but my wife has done several projects from materials ordered from them.

That’s very cool, Dave! Thanks!

@trecile (sp?) sews a lot of cool camino clothing and gear as well. She left a link to a Parcho pattern that looks interesting. It has contrasting hood/lining which might be fun to match back to colorful gaiters like the ones in this thread.

Thanks for the gaiter gab!

Great post, @AllanHG, it is always good to know that there cheaper alternatives for gear choices like gaiters, etc.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What kind of material did you use? Did you treat it? Nice colors & print!
I just used a light jersey fabric as the intent was to keep stones from flying up and into the heels of my husband’s hiking boots. You can use whatever you want though, depending on the purpose (eg water proof).

For the price of buying a pair online, it is worth trying your hand at making your own.

They are bright and my husband has had many compliments . And they work!

Thank you, Allan’s wife! I will revive my sewing skills for this project.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum