• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Does anyone understand how blogs work and can they be linked in here?

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF apr18. CP sep18. CF Aug23, Finisterre may24.
I'm a Camino first timer and will be starting my journey mid April. I am attempting to create a blog which will hopefully inspire and encourage others. I don't actually know what I'm doing but have started a blog on WordPress and was wondering how to let people know about it and whether some kind of link on here is acceptable? I'm also hoping to put a link to this site on my blog of I can work out how to do that too any advice would be appreciated

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Our blogs are with blogger and the links are posted as my 'signature' so appear below posts.
I simply typed in the info in the signature section of 'my account', opened the blog in another tab, copied the address and then used the link facility to paste the link and saved it. If pasting into a thread then highlight the text first. There is also a section for 'live from the Camino' and 'We want to read your blogs' where you can post about your blog and its links.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks John. I'm staying in Bayonne on 17th and start from sjpdp on 18 but only as far as orisson (if the route is open). I plan on 6-7weeks taking my time. Hopefully I'll meet you on the trail. And who knows, by then I may even have learned how this blog thing actually works

I'm booked and ready to go.. as long as I make it up the hill I will see you there

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for asking this question andywild. I'm a first time blogger too and learning as I go along. I'm using Wix. I'll try adding mine to the 'signature line'. Warning: it's not as funny as yours...and being an introvert by nature I might freak out and take it down again at any point :)

It took me about 15 mins to add to signature but I worked it out eventually.. don't worry about being an introvert, I'm the shy type too :) good luck with the blog and make sure you advertise it on FB and Twitter etc if you want more people to see it.. mine started slow but got about 5000 views in my first month !! I'm happy with that seeing as I don't know what I'm doing :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks guys. I'm not planning to advertise it anywhere else (I don't have social media accounts). This forum is my first taste and enough for me to try to handle :) I'm enjoying the reflection, expression and creativity of writing the a blog though...even if no one reads it :)

Thanks guys. I'm not planning to advertise it anywhere else (I don't have social media accounts). This forum is my first taste and enough for me to try to handle :) I'm enjoying the reflection, expression and creativity of writing the a blog though...even if no one reads it :)
I can't see the link in your replies.. what's the address?

Isn’t it in the signature bar? I can see it. It’s www.vocationaljourneys.com.au/blog

Anyway, haven’t you just arrived on your Camino? Don’t worry about my blog, enjoy your experience and be in the moment :)

Isn’t it in the signature bar? I can see it. It’s www.vocationaljourneys.com.au/blog

Anyway, haven’t you just arrived on your Camino? Don’t worry about my blog, enjoy your experience and be in the moment :)
I can't see it? Is mine in a signature bar? Usually I can spot a bar from miles away :)

I can't see it? Is mine in a signature bar? Usually I can spot a bar from miles away :)

LOL...you crack me up! Yes, yours is in the signature bar too...probably having too much to drink and can't see anyone else in the bar! (as for the real reason you can't see it...I have no idea!)

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back