• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dreaming of my 1st Camino. and - Did anybody here walk from Girona?

TalTi

Time of past OR future Camino
1st CF SJ-SDC, Aug 22.
2nd -Leon-SDC May 10 24
Dreaming of walking my 1st Camino.
Was about to walk, and covid had a different idea.
Waiting for it to be possible again.
In the meantime watching you guys walk on u-tube every day.
Reading, and reading, watching more videos, looking at the map.......
It feels like already "on" my Camino.
Saving up the money and preparing.....
and Dreaming...

Did anybody here walked from Girona?

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, @TalTi, let me join the others in welcoming you to the forum.

I did not start in Girona, but I have walked a camino from Llançà which goes through Girona. I took that route to Montserrat, where I then joined another Camino that took us through Lleida and onto the ARagonés. It is an absolutely beautiful camino, and I wrote about it on these threads:

I never saw another pilgrim till I got to Montserrat, but it was gorgeous. The association president in Girona met me to explain why the association is (or was, at least) so opposed to the route I was following, because it is not a historical route, but I was really happy to have the chance to enjoy so much stunning Romanesque architecture and also to enjoy the nice towns this route goes through.

I did not start in Girona, but I have walked a camino from Llançà which goes through Girona. I took that route to Montserrat, where I then joined another Camino that took us through Lleida and onto the ARagonés. It is an absolutely beautiful camino, and I wrote about it on these threads:

I never saw another pilgrim till I got to Montserrat, but it was gorgeous. The association president in Girona met me to explain why the association is (or was, at least) so opposed to the route I was following, because it is not a historical route, but I was really happy to have the chance to enjoy so much stunning Romanesque architecture and also to enjoy the nice towns this route goes through.

That is really intresting.
I will deffinately read those threads.
Thank you so much.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I went through Girona on my still currently ongoing Camino (restarting hopefully in a couple of weeks hooray !!), and whilst I can't much talk about the architectural and other attractions (as I've become slow enough nowadays that walk, eat, sleep, repeat is just about the limit of what I can manage) ; from a practical perspective, accommodation can be complicated until you reach the CamĂ­ CatalĂ n.

The Municipality at Girona graciously put me up in a surprisingly pleasant shelter for the homeless, which was much like some of the better private albergues of the type where you do your own cooking or eat out ; proper shower and bed and everything, and a most decent kitchen (but I had already eaten).

But the better-heeled pilgrim would seek private rather than pilgrim hostelry at least until Manresa.

And even at Manresa and beyond it's complicated, as the albergues until Montserrat etc are attached to the Camino Ignaciano mainly ; exact same Camino in practice, but for some odd reason, the locals can fail to direct Santiago pilgrims to Ignaciano albergues. o_O

Then beyond, on the CamĂ­ CatalĂ n, people can be genuinely surprised if they realise you're walking to Compostela instead of from Loyola to Manresa. But the accommodation gets a LOT easier, despite a couple of blind spots where it's either in a hotel or outdoors.

This is the best site for accommodation info : https://caminoignaciano.org/en/lodging/

Though if you go via Huesca instead of via Lleida, then this instead : https://www.gronze.com/camino-santiago-catalan

I went through Girona on my still currently ongoing Camino (restarting hopefully in a couple of weeks hooray !!), and whilst I can't much talk about the architectural and other attractions (as I've become slow enough nowadays that walk, eat, sleep, repeat is just about the limit of what I can manage) ; from a practical perspective, accommodation can be complicated until you reach the CamĂ­ CatalĂ n.

The Municipality at Girona graciously put me up in a surprisingly pleasant shelter for the homeless, which was much like some of the better private albergues of the type where you do your own cooking or eat out ; proper shower and bed and everything, and a most decent kitchen (but I had already eaten).

But the better-heeled pilgrim would seek private rather than pilgrim hostelry at least until Manresa.

And even at Manresa and beyond it's complicated, as the albergues until Montserrat etc are attached to the Camino Ignaciano mainly ; exact same Camino in practice, but for some odd reason, the locals can fail to direct Santiago pilgrims to Ignaciano albergues. o_O

Then beyond, on the CamĂ­ CatalĂ n, people can be genuinely surprised if they realise you're walking to Compostela instead of from Loyola to Manresa. But the accommodation gets a LOT easier, despite a couple of blind spots where it's either in a hotel or outdoors.

This is the best site for accommodation info : https://caminoignaciano.org/en/lodging/

Though if you go via Huesca instead of via Lleida, then this instead : https://www.gronze.com/camino-santiago-catalan
Thanks so much.:cool:
This info makes me think - maybe fly into Barcelona, visit Girona, Then get to Saint Jean Pied De-Port, and just start there.
ATm can not fly into Sapin from here, but maybe be possible by the time spain opens up a bit.
Thank you so much.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This info makes me think - maybe fly into Barcelona, visit Girona, Then get to Saint Jean Pied De-Port, and just start there.
If you are already in Girona on the south side of the Pyrenees, you could start walking from Somport Pass or from Jaca on the very beautiful Camino Aragones (my preferred route for starting the Camino Frances).

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back