• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

E-bike rental

Richard White

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall, 2014
We leave for Le Puy in 4 weeks. One of the pilgrims has a knee “issue”. Does anyone know if and where we can rent an e-bike to ride to Conques? Will there be taxis or Ubers available? Thank you.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We leave for Le Puy in 4 weeks. One of the pilgrims has a knee “issue”. Does anyone know if and where we can rent an e-bike to ride to Conques? Will there be taxis or Ubers available? Thank you.
There are taxis but I would recommend you look at La Malle Postale - they do bag transfers and a shuttle service. You need to communicate your requirements the day before however. As for e-bike rental I did see some options with a google search recently.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Taxis are expensive and not as easily available as for example on the Francés in Spain- that means you can't just stop somewhere, call a taxi, and then it will arrive within a few minutes and transport you for little money to your destination.

I once met a group of french pilgrims that had miscalculated the distance for one of their walking days on the podiensis (it would have been a double stage of 50 or 60kms) but since they had pre-booked every gite before, they had to get there, so wanted to use a taxi to shorten the walk. It was quite complicated for them to organize a taxi at all. It had to come from a larger town far away and cost them a lot of money (I think it was almost 100€ or so, and that was six years ago).

Much easier and cheaper to take the Malle Postale or the Compostel'bus which both cover the area LePuy-Conques. I've used the Compostelbus and it was easy. Depending on the time of year, it might be a good idea to book a seat a day before (tiny bus with few seats), but I simply showed up at the bus stop and it was no problem.

I don't think uber is available in France (or anywhere else in most of Europe) outside of the main cities. You'd have more luck with good old hitchhiking.

A quick google search brought up this place for renting e bikes, and it does mention the chemin Stevenson and Compostelle.

I hope you find a good solution. Bon chemin!

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back