A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Early morning Biarritz to Bayonne

jgiesbrecht

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept-Oct 2020
In march I am staying near BIQ airport, and am taking the 641 am train from Bayonne to SJPDP. It appears that bus transportation from BIQ area to Bayonne doesnt start early enough. So is my best/only option to call a taxi at like 530 am to go from my hotel near the airport over to the bayonne train station?

C clearly

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016), VDLP (2017), Mozarabe (2018), Vasco/Bayona (2019)
Why don't you stay the night near the train station in Bayonne? You can get a bus directly from Biarritz airport to the train station in Bayonne. Then you walk to the station in the morning!

jgiesbrecht

Camino(s) past & future
Already have my hotel, and after a day and a half of travel I just want to get in and sleep in biarritz

andycohn

Camino(s) past & future
CF (12-15); Muxia (15); Portuguese, Primitivo (17); Norte, Ingles, VF partial (18), Le Puy (19)
Already have my hotel, and after a day and a half of travel I just want to get in and sleep in biarritz
Change your reservation!!!!

What C Clearly is saying above makes absolute sense. The Biarritz Airport is equi-distant to Biarritz and Bayonne. It's a very quick local bus ride, or cheap taxi ride into Bayonne from the airport, and then you have no hassle in the morning. In March, there will be no problem whatsoever finding a hotel room in Bayonne.

This is a no-brainer!!!!!

jgiesbrecht

Camino(s) past & future
Changing the reservation is not an option so no, it is not a nobrainer

Donjek

Camino(s) past & future
2012 SJPdP - Fisterra
Simplest solution is change reservation to accomodations near Bayonne.

2nd easiest is catch a later train. There are 4 or 5 daily.

jgiesbrecht

Camino(s) past & future
Simplest solution is change reservation to accomodations near Bayonne.

2nd easiest is catch a later train. There are 4 or 5 daily.
I was hoping to stick with the early train so i could start my walk that day too, I am not staying in sjpdp the next night (yes I know it's a beautiful place but that is not part of my purpose)

GraemeHall

Camino(s) past & future
Francés 2017/18; Portugués 2019
There are two early morning trains from Biarritz station to Bayonne station, getting you there in time for your SJPdP connection. I also stayed at a (the?) hotel near the airport. The train station is about a half hour walk or a 5 minute taxi ride.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 326 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock