• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

easy to find metro to bus stations from paris airport ?

kauailori

aloha ~ i am starting my journey from kauai on 29 octubre. i am a little worried about arriving in paris after 19 hours of travel, feeling overwhelmed and not finding the metro to bus stations (to bayonne & on to to st jean pied de port). any directions advice would be much appreciated ~!

much aloha,
lori

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
the train station is *at* the airport. Just follow the signs. When you get to the station, ask which station you need to get to in order to go to SJP. You can then take the RER to Gare du Nord & from there connect with the Metro to get to the right station (or walk outside & take a taxi)

Hint: Look at the sign by the tracks to see if the RER train is going straight to Gare du Nord (no stops) or is stopping at every stop along the way. Unless you are really pressed for time, it's worth it to wait for the train stopping only at Gare du Nord.

On edit: I'm not sure from your post if you are talking about arriving at the airport in Biarritz & getting to the Bayonne train station from that point. If that is what you are talking about, no worries. There is a tourist information desk at the Biarritz airport & they will tell you which bus to get on & how much the fare is. The last bus stop is across the street from the train station.

Kelly

There are no buses from Paris to Bayonne, you will need to take the train. And I really suggest you book a ticket in advance. Is there any chance you can stay in Paris for a couple of nights, you'll be really jetlagged and it's not really a good idea to begin walking straightaway. Or at least one night, just in case your plane is delayed, which could result in you missing the train.

The train to Bayonne leaves from Gare Montparnasse. If you're going straight from the airport to the station, the easiest way is to take the Air France shuttle bus. This costs about 17euros, and goes directly to Gare de Lyon and then Gare Montparnasse. The trip takes around 50 mins. You'll find the bus outside whichever CDG Terminal you arrive at or, if you're not sure where to find it, ask at the customer service desk - they speak English.

When booking your train make sure to allow the time it will take to clear Immigration at CDG, pick up your baggage, find the bus, and get to Gare Montparnasse. CDG passport control is notoriously slow, so allow three to four hours between plane arrival and train departure, more if you can.

At Bayonne station you then get the local train to SJPP.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If you are going to the Gare Montparnasse, the Tour Montparnasse is next door which is the tallest building in Paris with a superb view from the top floor. Well worth doing if you have a spare hour or two. I don't think you can see the Tour St Jacques from it though,

Andy

Depending on when your train is, it might be worth your while to check into one of the CDG hotel airports for a few hours to rest, eat, take a shower, etc. The Ibis CDG terminal is easy & free to get to (just follow the signs to the "Orlyval", it ends at a bus station & you can walk to the Ibis from there), & when I was there last year, they offered up to 6 hrs at a day rate of 30 euro. You get a room, a shower, a TV & can take a nap. :)

Not sure if you need to make a reservation or just show up, but the website might have the hotel's email address. http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-1404- ... ndex.shtml

Good luck!
Kelly

On my 2007 Camino I arrived at Charles de Gaulle airport and downstairs there is a station from where I caught the train to Bayonne. I had booked my seat from Australia . I did find it a long ,tiring journey .I can't sleep on planes or trains unfortunately.
Heather

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back