• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Eauze , "feria" weekend in July

Thornley

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances x 2 , Norte x 2 , Le Puy x 3 , Portuguese x 2,
Mont St Michel , Primitivo .
Having trouble getting into places during this festive weekend in early july.
Any recommendations and references for places in Eauze appreciated.
Have got the latest MMDD but still getting nowhere with hotels.

Communal Gite???

Thanks
David

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I stayed at the gite across from the Tourist office in early Oct. 2014. I believe it was Communal gite. Gite was decent, clean and spacious. I paid for the bed for the night at the Tourist office.

Having trouble getting into places during this festive weekend in early july.
Any recommendations and references for places in Eauze appreciated.
Have got the latest MMDD but still getting nowhere with hotels.

Communal Gite???

Thanks
David
Stay in Montreal or march on to Manciet or Nogaro? Alternatively go to Gers websites? It's a fun festival if you csn make it!

Ultreia

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Stay in Montreal or march on to Manciet or Nogaro? Alternatively go to Gers websites? It's a fun festival if you csn make it!

Ultreia

Thanks Larazet for the reply,
[ 1 ]
We hoped to be in Eauze for the saturday night [4th july] and have an opportunity of seeing the festivities , but the only place available is Henry IV and they are quoting 100e/night.
We had intended to stay in Condom on the thursday then 18km to
Marilyn [Chambre] in Montreal/Seviac on the friday then 17km to Eauze .
I have sent an e/m to the tourist office in Eauze for the communal gite as the rooms there are private..... i believe.
A good reply and thats the plan.

[ 2 ]
However we were also considering walking a little further from Condom and staying in Lamonthe, 25km which is our limit.
That would give us all morning and part of the afternoon in Eauze , and then walking 11km to Manciet which comes highly recommended.

[ 3 ]
My wife Angela is telling me to ask you if you are recommending staying in Seviac or Manciet and using that for a base to visit day/night festivities ??
Its making sense as i write.
I hoped to finalise this in my mind as we wanted to book in advance into Lanne -Soubiran which is extremely popular.

As you are a local i will listen to any advice and be thankful.
David

Eauze for the communal gite as the rooms there are private..... i believe.
You may be disappointed! The rooms have single beds with an attached bathroom and a kitchen across the hallway.

Gite d'étape Communal

2.png

Situé au centre ville, cuisine équipée commune, salle de bain. Animaux refusés. 23 lits. 2 gîtes 2 épis de 4 personnes et 3 gîtes de 5 personnes. Groupe de 15 personnes maximum. 11€ la nuit/personne.

Distance du centre : 0 Km du centre ville d’Éauze
Adresse : 2, rue Félix Soulès
Code Postal : 32800
Tel : 05 62 09 85 62
Portable :
Fax :
E-mail : info@tourisme-eauze.fr
Site web : www.tourisme-eauze.fr

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I stayed at the gite across from the Tourist office in early Oct. 2014. I believe it was Communal gite. Gite was decent, clean and spacious. I paid for the bed for the night at the Tourist office.

The communal gite is closed for the festival
Have booked into Henri IV for the saturday and will walk a short day on Sunday to Le Haget , then Du Barry and then Air Sur l'Adour.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back