• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Facilities of albergues

dobry_den

Hi! Is it possible to use the facilities of albergues along el Camino del Norte (mainly shower/bathroom) even though you're not spending the night there? I've read it somewhere on the Internet and it would be really great, since I want to spend some nights in my tent.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
As far as I know this is possible. We have used the facilities of the
refugios when not staying, on one occcasion having a siesta in Burgo de
Ranero during the middle of the day before carrying on to Mansilla de
los Mulas in the evening.

Buen Camino
William

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).

Most read last week in this forum

Hi in July this year my wife and I are planning to walk the Camino del Norte. Due to our travel schedule around Europe, we are limited to do it in 40 days. Is this possible? If not what parts of...
I´m trying to prebook for my August 2024 Norte-Primitivo but the websites do not allow booking this far in advance. Does anybody know how far in advance of my August camino I´ll be able to book my...
My daughter currently, February 26, 2024, is just outside of Zumaia. She is having difficulty locating albergues that are open. Is there a list or app that has current information on albergues...
Hi My name is Deborah, I'm new to the forum, I'm planning on hiking the Camino del norte in September starting on the 1st in Irun, how busy is the norte at that time of year, It it gard to find a...
hope to be starting northern route 2 may for those who may have done so recently cash or card/tap in shops and accomm which would you advise
I am planning to walk the Norte beginning in mid-August thru September. While the timing lines up with another trip, its also right in the middle of holiday season for Spaniards. Starting to get...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back