• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

feet

keesbuiter

Reading all this in preparation I was reminded of the trouble I had while doing my military service. Always blisters within the first 4 to five kilometers. In the end a buddy of mine who joined the commandoes told me to use zinc salve. I did and still do when I anticipate blisters. I haven't had one since. It is cheap and can bebought at any pharmacy. Just put in on your feet once or twice a day before starting yor walk.
Kees.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
What is zinc salve.

Any brand name or a chemical formula as I have a problem with blisters and I would like to do without them ?

Hello Kees,

regarding to your name I suppose you're Dutch too...:)
I know what you mean (zinkzalf) but how do I use it best: a few weeks before walking to prepare my feet, or during the walk- and I wonder doesn't it make a mess of your socks??
I,m walking 20 september - october 2006.

greetz
Marjoleen

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I do the same last year

Hallo all
last year I do the same. You put it by babys on the ... . and its good . Why not for the feets. You must it do every day after you wash your feeds and dry it, with a thin film on the skin. I had no plisters and if you begin to walk you must know that your feets become greater. I have now greater shoes after my 800 km last year and this year I start in Sevilla on the same day as you and my shoes are one number greater as last year. Maybe we see us in Santiago without this crazy one.
Markus
marjoleen said:
Hello Kees,

regarding to your name I suppose you're Dutch too...:)
I know what you mean (zinkzalf) but how do I use it best: a few weeks before walking to prepare my feet, or during the walk- and I wonder doesn't it make a mess of your socks??
I,m walking 20 september - october 2006.

greetz
Marjoleen

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I am starting the Route Frances on May 20 and looking at weather to pick my clothes but also figured I should factor the bug situation into the equation since I don't want to weigh down my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.