• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ferrol to Santiago in 4 days

ashmarimac

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances - Sarria to Santiago (2012)
Portugues - Valenca to Santiago (2019)
Hello! Looking for some insight. My friend and I will be walking the Camino Ingles for the first time next May, but need to reduce our time on the camino from the typical 5 days to 4 due to time constraints. Curious to see if anyone has experience on this route and can offer some tips. I've checked the forums and have been finding mixed opinions. Thanks in advance!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I did the CI in June, all but the last stage are long, I would look for a stop before Sigüeiro and then go on to Santiago. So, Pontedeume, Betanzos, Outeiro(?) and then Santiago. Or, something like that.
Good luck, Buen Camino.

Hello! Looking for some insight. My friend and I will be walking the Camino Ingles for the first time next May, but need to reduce our time on the camino from the typical 5 days to 4 due to time constraints. Curious to see if anyone has experience on this route and can offer some tips. I've checked the forums and have been finding mixed opinions. Thanks in advance!
I will be 72 soon, and did the route in June.i took 6 days. The day to Pontedeume and Bruma are long and hard. I found this Camino to be much less picturesque than either the F or P.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I will be 72 soon, and did the route in June.i took 6 days. The day to Pontedeume and Bruma are long and hard. I found this Camino to be much less picturesque than either the F or P.

The friend I'm walking with is a new peregrino. Perhaps it's best if I show her the CF so she gets a great first experience?

I have walked the Camino Ingles in five days from Ferrol. I recently walked the Camino Ingles starting in A Coruna which was a fairly easy four day Camino. Our stages were: day 1 A Coruña to Betanzos, day 2 Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma, day 3 Hospital de Bruma to Sigueiro, and day 4 Sigueiro to Santiago. Hope this helps!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The friend I'm walking with is a new peregrino. Perhaps it's best if I show her the CF so she gets a great first experience?

Might be a good idea. You'd still have four long days on the Frances, but at least you'd have more cafes, restaurants, and pilgrims around to help with recharging and keeping up her spirits. On the Inglés there are a few pretty intense climbs, with not as many places to stop.

4 days guidebook stages are:

Ferrol to Pontedeume 29km
Pontedeume to Betanzos 20km
Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma 28km
Hospital de Bruma to Santiago 40km

All long stages, doable, but the Ingles is not flat.

if you can afford, stop on the third day in Casa Rural Donnamaria in Buscas, which is an 7km further on than Hospital de Bruma. This makes the last stage to Santiago much more palatable

I've done it in 4 days but I walked Hospital de Bruma to Santiago in one day only stopping in Siguiero for a coffee and snack.
I have walked in four days also and did the same thing. Departed Meson Do Vento, as opposed to Bruma, but it is the same distance. I stopped in Sigueiro for a break and then on to Santiago. It is roughly 40km for that stage. It depends on what time of year you are intending to do this as sunrise can be very late during Autumn/Winter and you could walk many kilometres in the dark. The first part of the stage is a lot of road walking, albeit a quiet road, so some form of reflective clothing would be advised.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
At the age of 70 I walked from Bruma to Santiago in one day. A walker had to do it in one day to get a flight and I followed him until he went out of sight. It is a flat walk through Sigueiro and if you are fit no problem
Buen camino

Flat walk through Siguiero, but then the walk from Siguiero to SdC is not flat and has some tiring punchy uphill bits which are testing as you are tiring, thinking the last stage is an easy one

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! Im walking the Camino Ingles starting from Ferrol on the 8th May, arriving in SdC on the 14th (and staying til the 17th :) ) Ive not walked a camino before, nor have I ever really done any...
Hi! would arrive by train from Madrid at 23:22 at Ferrol station and from there heading to the parador ferrol (solo female traveler). Is taxi widely available? should i arrange the parador to send...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back