• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Final preparations

Maggiemay

Hi everyone
I have taken many opportunities to check out the many contributions to the forum and it has been an invaluable resource in providing us with useful information about our upcoming adventure. In fact, everyone I have spoken with about the Camino who has walked some part of the way, has been keen to share their experiences for which I am most grateful. By way of introduction, we are Margaret and Peter from Brisbane, Australia and we plan to commence our Camino journey on 8 May from SJPP with the hope of reaching Santiago approx 5 weeks later.

I do have a query which someone may be able assist me with. At the end of our walk, we intend to return to St Jean Pied-de-Port from Santiago, initially by bus. The bus that leaves Santiago at 8.30am is scheduled to arrive at Irun at 22.24 - which means we would need to get o'night accommodation at Irun before going on to Bayonne. Would it be a better solution therefore for us to travel to San Sebastian and stay o'night there before getting the El Topo to Bayonne the next day and then either a hire car or train to SJPP? Can anyone offer comment on this as a suggested return journey please.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
1 am stevie from scotland and or steven thats my sunday name! i am starting from pamplona may 9th or roncevalles depending on how tired i,m when i arrive ,may see you on route ,if u see me u might get me confused with george clooney ,,,"i think the only thing me and george have in common is we,re both 47"

buen camino steven

Hi Stevie
Hope we do meet up .... George Clooney was the one of the three idiots in the Coen Brothers film "Oh Brother where ar't thou", am I right? Oh and other films of course!
Hope your journey is all that you expect and more. We are flying out tonight so the big adventure is about to start. Maybe catch you along the way.
Cheers Margaret :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Dear Margaret and Peter,
Buen Camino. We live not far from you - in northern NSW - and did the Camino Frances in Sept 2007. All the best with your preparations
Sharon

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.