• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Think I finally decided my route

Pathfinder075

Time of past OR future Camino
Various Routes in (2016), (2017) and (2023).
This year i want adventure. :)

I get to Spain on the 31st August and aim to hit the municipal at Polanco on Day 1, via the Cathedral and Post Office.

Is it possible to send smaller packages ahead to a Post Office for pickup? I want to send a tub of cream ahead and some other medication, from Santander to Oviedo, for pickup about 20 days later. On the Correos site it only mentions large bags. My package would be maybe 1kg max, maybe less. I haven't decided yet. But if it is likely to be expensive, I might just accept the weight and carry it.

Beyond that it's walk to San Vicente, then on to the Vadiniense. I am exploring the possibility of detouring to San Sebastian de Garrabandal, but am struggling to find somewhere to stage from. Cosio would be the obvious choice, but my aim would be to head up there and return back down by the end of day. Ideally if it was possible I would go cross country to Potes, but I have researched any sort of route between the two and it seems I would have to camp somewhere out in the sticks about halfway across, due to no direct route. In the end I might not do this stage for now and return next year to do it.

Whether I do or don't, the main plan is to follow the Vadiniense to Mansilla, then head back across the Salvador to Oviedo. After that do the Primitivo and finally out to Muxia. Then cash out my credencial.

Then I want to do a bit of the VdlP. This is mainly because I didn't finish the route I did from Ourense, back in 2017, due to some problems at the end and it's been irking me for nearly 6 years. I am thinking of starting a bit lower down, maybe at A Gudina. Just to try and get a 7-8 day walk.

After that, maybe back to Ourense for a couple of days of thermal spring action. To recover and ready myself to go back home.

I have from the 31st August until around the 19th October to walk, then i need to be back in Santander for the boat. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have sent a parcel to myself successfully. Once your parcel is wrapped up no one except you will know what is in it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ah, either a Tinker or a Tory: rules are for other people 😉
Definitely not the later. I think that it is part of being a Kiwi, especially of our generation. When someone puts a blockage in your path, just go around it, after all it is difficult to fence the world.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Pathfinder, when do you think you'll be starting the Primitivo?
Probably somewhere around the 21st September.

I'm looking to view the Sudarium on the 21st, get a cathedral stamp if I can (don't have one for Oviedo yet), hopefully fairly early in the morning then get a stage done in the afternoon, probably not a full stage, but maybe something like this.

Oviedo > Escamplero

Then beyond that.

Escamplero > Cornellana
Cornellana > Tineo
Tineo > Borres
Borres > Hospitales >

Then run the standard Gronze stages until Ferreira (unless I get the opportunity to extend some of them), then head for Sobrado. I can't find any information on the Sobrado variant mentioned on Gronze, just after Lugo plus it seems albergues are almost non existent if you go to Friol. I looked at the wikiloc tracks from Ferreira that @caminka made some time back and they are probably still possible. Alternatively I could head to Friol, then north to A Cabana and a pilgrim albergue exists there, although it leaves me with a weird next day, far too short. 15km roughly.

Fair enough. Buen Camino.

(Unless something goes seriously sideways, I'll be a week ahead of you)

Hah, I may catch you up. ;) Depending on what sort of stages you like to walk. But this year I'm not really in a rush.

If you're still around in Santiago when I get over that way, maybe we can get a beer. Would be cool to meet someone from on here. I've walked twice and never come across anyone from here that was out walking.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.