• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Patagonia Cool Daily Hoody

Mananath

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances July 2022
Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino?

Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit heavy for summer and a bit stinky and slow drying.

As I get ready for another summer Camino I am looking at the Pat. Cool Daily long sleeve t-shirt. It would be my primary walking shirt. I am interested in the durability of it - will it hold up for 2 months of daily usage and hand washing etc?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I love Patagonia clothing. My go-to long sleeve shirt is the Patagonia Capilene Merino long-sleeve shirt - it doesn't have a hood, but its a great lightweight option. It dries super fast as well. I have a few Cool Daily shirts, but I find that I can go a few days longer without having to wash with the merino wool shirts.

It’s a nice shirt. I got the hoody version for my wife. She had no durability problems or problems with smell. She did, however, use it mainly for evening wear and walked and sweated in a merino blend hoodie. But it’s very lightweight and will dry super fast in the summer sun.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks. I will be in REI next week and will give this one a good look over. Though with the annual REI anniversary sale going on I might just stick with the Sahara.

I got back last week after walking a section of the Ruta de Lana with the capilene cool hoody, a capilene cool daily long sleeve shirt and an Eddie Bauer resolution long sleeve along to test all 3. The capilene long sleeve without the hood was by far the best.
I was warm when I needed to be and kept very cool in the sun. I always wear a neck gaiter anyways, as I sunburn very easily and I had no problems. (There is some drama as to the true SPF of capilene right now). The shirts also have “HeiQ” odor control and never stank.
The capilene hoody was a little thicker and so it wasn’t as comfortable, and it the hoody didn’t line dry as well as regular long sleeve. I’ve bought 3 more of them this week for next years trip!IMG_8816.jpeg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I

Outdoor Research Men's Echo Hoodie is the choice of mine

I was looking into this one but was concerned with the low spf rating and reviews saying wearers were sunburned when wearing it.

I wore it with my sunglasses the whole CF in Sept 2023, No sunburned at all. It is light weight as to nothing, easy to wash and dry. No stink... I had leggings with the same material, all covered under the Meseta Sun.

I have worn the Capilene cool long sleeve shirt since 2019 on the Primitivo and many many hikes since. I find that they are comfortable, cool and cleanup well. I have about every color they make in short and long sleeve.
I believe it will meet your needs!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The capilene version is awesome. Highly recommended from multiple caminos, trail runs and so on. Much better than the REÍ equivalent in my experience. No smell and fast drying.

Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino?

Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit heavy for summer and a bit stinky and slow drying.

As I get ready for another summer Camino I am looking at the Pat. Cool Daily long sleeve t-shirt. It would be my primary walking shirt. I am interested in the durability of it - will it hold up for 2 months of daily usage and hand washing etc?
I have used the grey one for 3 summer backpacking trips in the Utah desert in the summer. Really does keep you cool in the heat! Very comfortable. Does not get stinky and dries fast. I highly recommend it.

Hey all- I purchased the Patagonia hoodie this afternoon so will be wearing that for the Camino. Being able to try it and the REI Sahara on and compare really helped.

Thanks for the assistance!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I want to make El Camino from SJPDP (Plus a few days in Portugal and Finisterre) with only one backpack. I am thinking of purchasing the Osprey Aether Plus 60, is it a good option? Or what...
In a quandry about whether to wear my hiking sandals or leather hiking boots on the Camino.
This company has helped people with foot problems for many a long year.. A human story still connects, doesn't it?
Hi all, for anyone interested the macabi skirts are on sale...I have worn these on 3 camino, the Via Francigena, Camino Portugues from Lisbon, and on the Way of St. Francis (in cold and heat 41c)...
Hi everyone I'm really having problems with planning what to pack for my walk from SJPP during mid March. From what I understand the Napolean route will still be closed? And the big headache is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.