• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

FINALY i met a forum member,

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Caminos: 2009 SJPP, 2011 Roncessvalle , 2012 Pamploma, 2013 Roncessvalle, 2013 Porto, 2014 Burgos, 2014 Porto

Future: Roncessvalle
True to my word i purcjased this member from sweden a beer, it has only taken two caminos, 1000 km to find a member :) a cheap round of drinks:)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Re: FINALY i met a forum member,

I don't really care if the people i meet are forum memebers or not, as long as they are nice...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

I collect Forum members - I think I have 12 on my list now. We are family! Always nice encounters!
But I never met anyone on the camino while I was walking.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Pieces said:
but you're not nice Johnnie, you won't play the bagpipe for me :cry:
Dear Pieces, Johnny is a Walker, not a bag-piper. There are plenty of these in and around Santiago!
We moved our Camino Francés plan from May to mid September. Arrival in Santiago towards the end of October. If Johnny is around, we'll invite him for a drink (preferably without bagpipes :lol: ) And you too, of course :)

fraluchi said:
If Johnny is around, we'll invite him for a drink (preferably without bagpipes :lol: ) And you too, of course :)

Ah Senor fraluchi, clearly you are a pilgrim of some refinement. As I've said before the definition of a good musician is someone who is able to play the bagpipes but doesn't.

However given her persistence I may make an exception for Pieces depending on the amount consumed.

anniethenurse said:
I collect Forum members - I think I have 12 on my list now. We are family! Always nice encounters!
But I never met anyone on the camino while I was walking.

I did but did realize till 2 days later(....a bit slow on the uptake :roll: ).
Falcon once met never forgotten, yes he helped make our Camino. Thank you. :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

we will see each other one day, David and falcon! Looking forward to it!

Last year two people recognized me from my Forum picture, one of whom I keep in regular contact with. Then of course, we have, we have stopped by Rebecca & Paddy's in Moratinos a couple of times. By the way, I don't even have a Forum badge on my backpack, Anne

I met two; ee recognized each other by our Camino buffs. Didn't see any forum badges, though

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

JohnnieWalker said:
fraluchi said:
If Johnny is around, we'll invite him for a drink (preferably without bagpipes :lol: ) And you too, of course :)

Ah Senor fraluchi, clearly you are a pilgrim of some refinement. As I've said before the definition of a good musician is someone who is able to play the bagpipes but doesn't.

However given her persistence I may make an exception for Pieces depending on the amount consumed.

if you play the bagpipe (AND wear your kilt) maybe you can get the whole bottle Johnnie...

will be there early July though

Pieces - an entire pipeband will be waiting to play you into the Plaza Obradoiro when you arrive. We've already had a rehearsal!

Attachments

• Crowds and bands waiting for Pieces.jpg
    Crowds and bands waiting for Pieces.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 330
  • gaiteros playing for Pieces.jpg
    gaiteros playing for Pieces.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 330

after walking and cycling the camino, we reflected that it was incredible that we met on the camino someone we had met 3 years previously on the camino over supper in the same restaurant.
when we returned from living in Spain we moved to a small fishing village in the north of Scotland where we met a camino veteran who went on to become a great friend and with whom I cycled the camino once more.
Incredible tapestry and network, free of geography, time and human distinctions.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

ffp13 said:
True to my word i purcjased this member from sweden a beer, it has only taken two caminos, 1000 km to find a member :) a cheap round of drinks:)

Moral of story: plan your camino the same time as Frank!!! :D

JohnnieWalker said:
Pieces - an entire pipeband will be waiting to play you into the Plaza Obradoiro when you arrive. We've already had a rehearsal!

Yay ! :p

duncan pm said:
after walking and cycling the camino, we reflected that it was incredible that we met on the camino someone we had met 3 years previously on the camino over supper in the same restaurant.
when we returned from living in Spain we moved to a small fishing village in the north of Scotland where we met a camino veteran who went on to become a great friend and with whom I cycled the camino once more.
Incredible tapestry and network, free of geography, time and human distinctions.

As Duncan relates the Camino '"tapestry'" never is complete, like Penelope's weaving it is endless. For example In 2009 at Trinidad de Arre the very moment that I wrote the word 'serendipity' in my blog and sent it off another pilgrim entered the albergue. Happily speaking Italian he was welcomed at the door by two Spanish pilgrims. I was writing in the common room. The Italian entered, started to say 'buona sera' and then enthusiastically shouted 'Margaret'! Imagine my delight upon realizing that he was Mario whom I had last seen at Burguete in 2008 during Camino 4!! Another fortuitous chance encounter indeed.....Such chance encounters make up the Camino's magic.

Ultreia!

Margaret

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I saw my second forum badge when walking out of Azofera today, an elderly Australian woman from newcastle, i offered to buy her a beer as i promised for any forum member I see on my way, she informed me that she was not a member, but was given the backpack and the badge was already on it., so far 2 badges and one member:) and counting.

CaminoGen said:
I met two; ee recognized each other by our Camino buffs. Didn't see any forum badges, though

I did not know that you could buy Camino buffs. Where can you purchase them and what is the cost.

Kennedy

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Thanks, I did and she has a few left.
Kennedy

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.