• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finisterre to Jerusalem - via Rome

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I came across this story from a Spanish website this morning. A young woman making a 6,000km journey on foot from Finisterre to Jerusalem. Recently arrived in Rome. There are links to follow to her Instagram and blog accounts.

Thanks for posting! I read about her when she first set off on her journey but had lost the links …

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
How does she walk Rome to Jerusalem? Rome to Istanbul, no problem. What about Syria and lebanon?

It used to be possible - see the party pilgrims blog.

I have heard of boats from Cyprus to Israel. What else apart from flights?

How does she walk Rome to Jerusalem? Rome to Istanbul, no problem. What about Syria and lebanon?

There were cargo ships but when I did it they refused to take us. Had to fly from Larnaca to Tel Aviv in the end…

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@SabineP I’ve also seen those Jerusalem Way stickers. I was curious, and found this website.

@SabineP I’ve also seen those Jerusalem Way stickers. I was curious, and found this website.

Merci! Years ago I read an inspiring book by Sebastien De Fooz who walked from Brussels to Jerusalem.

Yes it is a conundrum.

I have walked from Canterbury to Thessaloniki and still hope to continue onward. I have been waiting for two years now - but back in UK, not in Greece! :)

I think I will walk to Antakya, just on principle and on to the closed border with Syria there. After that I am not sure - but it will not be until probably a year from now. I think even if you get in to Lebanon you cannot cross the border into Israel.

If I were there tomorrow, I think I would probably fly to Jordan and walk in to Israel from there.

Always very interested to hear from others how they have managed the final stages.

Sad times.....

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes it is a conundrum.

I have walked from Canterbury to Thessaloniki and still hope to continue onward. I have been waiting for two years now - but back in UK, not in Greece! :)

I think I will walk to Antakya, just on principle and on to the closed border with Syria there. After that I am not sure - but it will not be until probably a year from now. I think even if you get in to Lebanon you cannot cross the border into Israel.

If I were there tomorrow, I think I would probably fly to Jordan and walk in to Israel from there.

Always very interested to hear from others how they have managed the final stages.

Sad times.....
Those of us who would like to walk to Jerusalem, well I think it is clear that we have missed our tide. In 2008 it was still possible and I could have joined Ben in Istanbul, but I had just completed my first Camino in Spain and ...

Those of us who would like to walk to Jerusalem, well I think it is clear that we have missed our tide. In 2008 it was still possible and I could have joined Ben in Istanbul, but I had just completed my first Camino in Spain and ...
Never say never 😉

Most read last week in this forum

Today I arrived in one of my favourite cities in Italy, Palermo, ready to start a solo walk across Sicily on the Magna Via Francigena tomorrow! It’s a ~185km trail from Palermo to Agrigento that I...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/04/22/italy-tourists-cinque-terre-one-way-hiking-trails/
Good morning. After having walked, 3 (Frances, VdlP, CP and Fisterra) Camino to Santiago, we thought that this year we should ‘experience’ another Way. So in a few short days we fly off to Italy...
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.