Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

First Sello in Burgos

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2017); Camino a Muxia (2017)
I'll be starting my Camino on July 9 in Burgos and I'm wondering where I can get a first sello for my pilgrimage on the CF to Santiago de Compostela. Is there one at the cathedral? If so, where? I won't be staying at an albergue in Burgos the night of the 8th. Thanks for any suggestions.

CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I'll be starting my Camino on July 9 in Burgos and I'm wondering where I can get a first sello for my pilgrimage on the CF to Santiago de Compostela. Is there one at the cathedral? If so, where? I won't be staying at an albergue in Burgos the night of the 8th. Thanks for any suggestions.
You can get a stamp at your hotel or other accommodation, a bar, restaurant, etc.

Camino Frances (2017); Camino a Muxia (2017)
Go into the ticket office at the cathedral and they can stamp it there. Be sure to make time to visit, as well. It's an amazing place and, I think, a perfect place to begin your pilgrimage.
Thank you Bala. I was hoping the cathedral would have a stamp. I will be sure to have a look around inside.

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
Burgos Cathedral was my first stamp in 2015. Just this morning I was talking to my partner on how some of the chapels and carvings we saw there were among the most incredible ever!

There are also many restaurants not far from there. If you stop to eat, easy to get another stamp as well.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

RJM

Veteran Member
A few times
There's also a information center very near the cathedral where you can get a city map etc. I believe they will stamp it as well.

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Contemplating where I would live in Spain, and Burgos is definitely on the list. @hfenton you could be "having a look around" for a few hours. It's a fabulous place, Michelin gives it three stars (the top rating).

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads