• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Five from the forum go forth...

Magwood

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
See signature line for links to daily posts to blogs from many caminos
It started as five
@mla1 @glauder@xtra.co.nz @Ninja @marilyn van graan @Magwood setting out from Almeria on the camino Mozárabe.

In Granada we lost one and gained one, @C clearly

Now after three weeks we are parting ways, Marilyn and I are taking the variant through Trujillo and will eventually meet two other forum members in Salamanca to walk the Torres to Santiago

I have been posting to my blog each day, but cannot find time to also post here. If anyone is interested, please take a look at my blog which includes lots of useful info including elevation profiles and photos of the terrain. We encountered many more pilgrims than expected on the Mozárabe, but are not expecting to see many, if any, on the Trujillo variant or the Torres.

Check out my blog here and feel free to click the 'follow' button

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Many thanks. Just the sort of blog I like.
Buen camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Too bad the guys don't have a club like yours and some of the other lady pilgrims. I have a friend from Biarritz who has become addicted to the Camino, t2a, sheffieldjames, AJ from Australia and that about it but we all travel at different times.

Last edited:
It started as five
@mla1 @glauder@xtra.co.nz @Ninja @marilyn van graan @Magwood setting out from Almeria on the camino Mozárabe.

In Granada we lost one and gained one, @C clearly

Now after three weeks we are parting ways, Marilyn and I are taking the variant through Trujillo and will eventually meet two other forum members in Salamanca to walk the Torres to Santiago

I have been posting to my blog each day, but cannot find time to also post here. If anyone is interested, please take a look at my blog which includes lots of useful info including elevation profiles and photos of the terrain. We encountered many more pilgrims than expected on the Mozárabe, but are not expecting to see many, if any, on the Trujillo variant or the Torres.

Check out my blog here and feel free to click the 'follow' button
Fantastic blog as usual. Amazed at how busy it is on the Mozarabe...

Pleased to find the Mozarabe mob again! Have now subscribed to your blog, magwood. Am very curious to to see how you have been doing as the Mozarabe is in planning stage for me for 2019 or 2020. Since I walk alone I was wondering whether I am likely to meet the occasional pilgrim, or do they come in mobs only. Or none at all?

I am also wondering how Laurie is doing and where she has got to.....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back