• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New guide for the Mozarabe, from Almeria

Kevin F. O*brien

Time of past OR future Camino
2002-2019 Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Via de la plata, Camino del Norte, Camino Primitivo, etc.
Hello everyone, Herewith an updated walking guide covering Almeria to Granada. The information here was correct in November 2022.

Buen Camino

Kevin

[Moderator note: Attachment has been corrected to show date of this updated version]

Attachments

• CAMINO DE SANTIAGO DEL MOZARABE 2022.pdf
    244.8 KB · Views: 347
Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you for this!

it would be great if you could correct the date on the front cover to indicate that it has been uodated, or at least reviewed/confirmed in 2022.
Ooops. Yes. Thanks. I'll see if I can get some help to do it. Feel free to correct it, if possible to November 2022.

A couple of updates. The shortcut over rough ground around the embalse en route Guadix has been formalised into a footbridge and thence a steep gravel road to join the road below.

The albergue at Calle San Jose, 6, Guadix is closed permanently. I stayed at Casone de la Luz, which has individual rooms and a dormitory.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A couple of updates. The shortcut over rough ground around the embalse en route Guadix has been formalised into a footbridge and thence a steep gravel road to join the road below.

The albergue at Calle San Jose, 6, Guadix is closed permanently. I stayed at Casone de la Luz, which has individual rooms and a dormitory.
Thanks for update, much appreciated. I’ll be there next week.

Wow! What great timing. My wife, son in law and I are leaving for Almeria two weeks from today. MUCHAS GRACIAS! Buen Camino
Hello everyone, Herewith an updated walking guide covering Almeria to Granada. The information here was correct in November 2022.

Buen Camino

Kevin

[Moderator note: Attachment has been corrected to show date of this updated version]
Kevin, Frank here from Ireland, met you on the Levante in 2019, lost you at the end, I’ve just finished the Ruta de la Lana and followed your guide. Still amazingly accurate and concise. I did make some notes about some small changes that perhaps could be used to update your guide, should I attach a word doc in this forum or if you email me I can send it to you (clohosey@hotmail.com)

Thanks so much for this! A few questions: First, we are thinking about walking beginning in February. You mention that the rivers may be a problem during winter months. I am trying to get a sense of how big a problem that will be. For example, will it be impossible to cross rivers in some places? How much of the route will be affected if the rivers are swollen? Second, you mention numerous inviting places to stay, and recommend contacting them in advance. In general, though, do you know if they are typically open during winter months? We were really limited in our accommodation choices on the Serrana last winter. Third, is there another starting point for the Mozarabe that you would recommend instead of Almeria, given winter conditions?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back