• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fleece in Pamplona and beyond

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept. 1, 2023 from SJPdP.
Hey veteran Pilgrims,
I’m currently just east of Pamploma. I’ve been carrying a fluffy fleece zip-up with me that I didn’t even use going over the Pyrenees during Saturday’s storm.

Do you think it’s something I can send ahead to Casa Ivar or do you think I’ll need it going forward. Note: I tend to run warm.

Mucho thanks!
Thyme

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I started my last Camino with temperatures above 30°, bought a fleece in Burgos because temperatures dropped significantly and i was cold-ish in the evenings, ended up almost not using it because it got warmer again. There just is no perfect way to predict the weather, specially if you are talking more than 3-4 days ahead.

I don't know what you got in your pack and what kind of fleece you are talking about. If it feels like a burden, you can send it ahead. If things get colder again, theres a Decathlon in Logrono and Burgos and after that a few other places, and they have fleeces (that the right plural?) for something below 10€. So even if you send it and need one in two weeks it would likely not be the end of the world.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My guess is if you didn't need it in a Pyrenean storm, you won't need it in a Galician one either -- the latter being a lot wetter, but also not so cold.

Keep it for a winter Camino ...

I started my last Camino with temperatures above 30°, bought a fleece in Burgos because temperatures dropped significantly and i was cold-ish in the evenings, ended up almost not using it because it got warmer again. There just is no perfect way to predict the weather, specially if you are talking more than 3-4 days ahead.

I don't know what you got in your pack and what kind of fleece you are talking about. If it feels like a burden, you can send it ahead. If things get colder again, theres a Decathlon in Logrono and Burgos and after that a few other places, and they have fleeces (that the right plural?) for something below 10€. So even if you send it and need one in two weeks it would likely not be the end of the world.
Thank you. That makes sense. 10 euros is a deal!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I would keep it unless you have other options. I froze in Leon and Pamplona in July of 2011 and was very glad I had my fleece.
Layers as the saying goes.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
it really does depend on what else you have in your pack to layer up. If the temp drops suddenly are there enough layers to keep you warm?

I think that if you didn't use it in the Pyrenees, you probably won't use it. Looking at historical averages, the weather might be a bit colder towards the end, in Galicia. But not substantially.

I always keep at least one warm layer in my pack regardless of when I am walking. My coldest day was up and over O’Cebreiro in the snow (April) when I wore all of my layers!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.