• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Food… Dinner reservations in SDC?

SFHoneybee

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2033
I’m coming into SDC in a few hours—it looks packed….so many ppl- Re: National holiday maybe?
Any recommendations on where to eat?
Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Where are you staying? What part of town? I like the Mercado Galicia. Not too expensive, lots of selection.

Rúa de Gómez Ulla, 1, Bajo, 15702 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I’ll second the Abastos market… just walk in and take up a seat at one of the places that appeals.

There’s a pretty new Japanese fusion place on Rua Noa (I think), and that can be good as a “didn’t expect this here” thing (with great food).

For the most affordable fine cuisine you are likely to find, Try LUME (reserve) for supper. 45 euros, tasting menu of 7 dishes… and another 25 euros for wine selections to pair. The most reasonable Michelin Star meal one is likely ever to encounter… and the most un-fussed, very calm setting… (no shouting chefs… no smashing plates… no pressure to have another item).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I was about to type what MissChic did...in short, yes, you chose to arrive during the day after a national holiday.

My walkmates back at end of September (Thursday and Friday night) wanted to eat at two expensive places (one a meat house (might have been Casa Marcelo), the other a paella place (A Curtidoria, Rua de Conga 2)). In both cases, they had success by arriving right at (or right before) the place opened. In the case of A Curtidoria, the owner saw us peering through the window about an hour before he opened, and let us in long enough to take a reservation for opening time. Good thing, too...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I’ll second the Abastos market… just walk in and take up a seat at one of the places that appeals.

There’s a pretty new Japanese fusion place on Rua Noa (I think), and that can be good as a “didn’t expect this here” thing (with great food).

For the most affordable fine cuisine you are likely to find, Try LUME (reserve) for supper. 45 euros, tasting menu of 7 dishes… and another 25 euros for wine selections to pair. The most reasonable Michelin Star meal one is likely ever to encounter… and the most un-fussed, very calm setting… (no shouting chefs… no smashing plates… no pressure to have another item).
I’m gonna look them up— I’m sure I need to reserve in advance-which will be next Wednesday 👍

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Is owner a women?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you so much...I hear good things about her resturant..

Tiffany
Photos from the evening we went -- a spring time menu. 2 people... we had just one order of the wines (to avoid getting drunk). That's pretty much the *entire* kitchen. Shown are the ceviche dish and the sorbet, meringue and cremes dessert. Yes, we had both desserts.
I will go again... it's very unique because of its proximity to the Asbastos Market, and the owner (a starred chef who is a woman) with her commitment to showcasing Galician products in a new way...

Attachments

• IMG_8290.jpeg
    IMG_8290.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8299.jpeg
    IMG_8299.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8312.jpeg
    IMG_8312.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8315.jpeg
    IMG_8315.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8314.jpeg
    IMG_8314.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
Photos from the evening we went -- a spring time menu. 2 people... we had just one order of the wines (to avoid getting drunk). That's pretty much the *entire* kitchen. Shown are the ceviche dish and the sorbet, meringue and cremes dessert. Yes, we had both desserts.
I will go again... it's very unique because of its proximity to the Asbastos Market, and the owner (a starred chef who is a woman) with her commitment to showcasing Galician products in a new way...
I've been looking for this resturant..is it 1 star or honorable Michelin mention..
Regards tiffany

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Ah next time! A month ago we went to Casa Marcelo seeing Lume was booked out.
That liquid empanada and the gyozos look very intriguing.

I also like how the Spanish restos do not frown upon you when you order just one order of the wines.

Thank you so much...I hear good things about her resturant..

Tiffany

She is called Lucia Freitas.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I decided on /which really means I was able to secure a lunch reservation at Abastos2.0– the food is in incredible… it’s the “Fixed menu €30”- there are 3 tapas and a soup..I’m gonna say… I zoomed in to take these photos— the food itself —umm.. is about the size of a 1€ coin😝—it’s incredible…I might go pick up a ham and cheese sandwich too😂😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Funny you should mention St. Martin de Pinario - I’m staying there - in the Pilgrim Wing/4th floor… I just saw they have breakfast, lunch and dinner— I’ll do dinner there tonight.
Lunch and Dinner do in wine (red or white) and they will give you more if you ask nicely………..

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
For the breakfast, I think you have to be a guest. It *is* generous...
It is also a great place to stay if you don't have anything settled yet. They have pilgrim rooms on the very top floor, and regular hotel rooms on floors 2 and 3.
I got a Pilgrim room… the views are great and I can hear the Bagpiper with my windows open. Fantastic value 52€ for 2 nights… but I booked this about 3 months ago at least..

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you are vegetarian, or even if you are not, I recommend A Porte Verde at Rua do Hospitalino 18. The food is delicious and all freshly made. I had the TexMex Bowl and the flavours were a wonderful change after all the pilgrim meals I'd eaten. You can also have the food as Take-Away.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Looks great.
Wise decision.
I find more than a bottle of wine each makes me sleepy. ;)

Last edited:
It’s raining cars and dogs today.. I walked over to La Galiciana-Mercado👆it was recommended above… it’s just now opening.. I’m gonna go walk around a bit… I’ve got a lunch reservation in 45 minutes.

I went here for lunch today… #LaGaliciana - and yup.. I got the Japanese… it was a nice surprise and refreshing to have something different… I’m getting Road Weary and I just need my neighborhood foods… 😊-I’ll be home by Sunday night 😉

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I went here for lunch today… #LaGaliciana - and yup.. I got the Japanese… it was a nice surprise and refreshing to have something different… I’m getting Road Weary and I just need my neighborhood foods… 😊-I’ll be home by Sunday night 😉
We sat in there a couple of hours last summer. People watching. Enjoying talking with a Camino friend. Food pretty good at moderate price and lots of variety. Took us forever to look at the multiple menus. Something for everyone really.

We sat in there a couple of hours last summer. People watching. Enjoying talking with a Camino friend. Food pretty good at moderate price and lots of variety. Took us forever to look at the multiple menus. Something for everyone really.
It is I’m da a little funny .. reading thru 12 or so menus to see what you want to eat…😂

Most read last week in this forum

I'm sure this info has already been shared, but here's an update: the Tuna are still working their magic under the arches in the Praza Obradoiro (facing the catehdral) in the evenings. I was there...
I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...
I plan on arriving in SDC on July 23, and stay a day or two. How feasible is it that I will be able to get a seat for the 10:00 Mass on the Feast Day, the 25th? Am I better off attending a...
Hello, What time does the office close in Santiago today? The website lists different times in different places.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.