A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

food

Susan B Johnson

PuraVida
Camino(s) past & future
June (2016)
I have never walked the Camino Primitivo. I've read that there are fewer services along the way. Is it possible to buy lunch in a restaurant each day, or must one pack a lunch? Are there cafes along the way to stop for coffee?

MikeJS

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2011), Norte (12), VdlP (16). Sureste/Invierno (17). Olvidado/San Salvador/Primitivo (19)
I found the services on the Primitivo to be very good. That included a number of vending machines that were ideal for a cold drink on a hot day. Cannot say for sure about lunch specifically as I rarely eat before the evening.

doctorherman

Camino(s) past & future
Frances*3, Ingles, Primitivo, Finisterre, Baztan, and Portuguese
There are enough options, though far far fewer than the Frances.
As already mentioned there are a few cafes without waiters dotted around and then only day that really needs a nosebag is the day on the hospitales route.
One big plus about the Primitivo though is that cider is plentiful in Asturias and the range of cheeses is excellent.

Katja Siri Nidhan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2003, 2006, 2017), Camino Primitivo (2018), Via de la Plata - the last 350k (2019)
Most of the time, you will find one bar, sometimes two, during the day. But I'ld recommend to carry at least a bit of bread and cheese, because counting on the vending machines could be a deception. They are sometimes just not filled or out of function.

MikeJS

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2011), Norte (12), VdlP (16). Sureste/Invierno (17). Olvidado/San Salvador/Primitivo (19)
only day that really needs a nosebag is the day on the hospitales route.
Still this can only be 24kms at most (if you stay at Samblismo which I very strongly recommend) so really not that much of an issue.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock