• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Forecast of record high temperatures next week

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
An article in The Guardian is reporting that record high temperatures for April are being forecast for much of Spain next week. Possibly as high as 39C in Sevilla and 35-38C in other regions.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
An article in The Guardian is reporting that record high temperatures for April are being forecast for much of Spain next week. Possibly as high as 39C in Sevilla and 35-38C in other regions.

Oh Lord. Myself and hubby start in Guadix on the Mozarabe on Monday. Only doing 3 days as far as Granada though due to family commitments. We've never walked this time of year before as its usually October when we take hols. Early starts methinks.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I check the weather forecast for Madrid quite often as I fly there May 16. Next week it shows in the 30's every day. Perfect!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Every week I have zooms with a few people who live in Sevilla. Although it is cool in the mornings, by the time we talk, they are roasted... so for pilgrims, whatever else, add water to the weight you carry.
I'm heading for Seville next week en route to El Rocio and the Doñana. No need to ask if I'll need a puffa-jacket or a fleece.

High 30's is out of my comfort zone so it looks like it'll be a nocturnal trip

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Very unsurprised, as I started seeing this coming in late November and December last year.

Last year's drought in Iberia and South Western France never really ended, and it was a fairly mild and dry Winter. And furthermore, there were a few Sirocco winds in November, December, and January between La Rioja and Lourdes ; which I saw as being indicative of continuing dominance of the Saharan anticyclone.

Things are very different over at this end, in France on the Mediterranean near the Italian border, as it has been a little cooler and wetter than usual.

Possibly a year to consider an Italian or coastal Portuguese Camino rather than a Spanish one, though the Norte should be OK.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Going to be here in Madrid for the next 4 days in high temps, hoping to acclimate.

Someone in Madrid told me it was 27 today at their 8pm, and tomorrow, 30 is expected.

edit: one day later, in Sevilla, 37 degrees...
I thank God for the 9 degrees we have here right this minute in Dublin !

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The weather forecast for the JACA and PUENTE LA REINA JACA area is for 28 tomorrow, then some rain for Saturday and then temperatures more toward the normal range.

French newspaper Le Monde is warning about the risks of forest fires.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
33C in Seville just now. With an “Air Quality Advisory”. “Try to avoid inhaling” presumably…

A Royal Ley determines that aircon must not be set below 27c. Heating above 19c

Reportedly, it's really bad in Portugal too.

It was 30 C / 87 F in the Sierra de Segura in Andalucía today. This afternoon a few drops of rain came down for less than five minutes - not enough to see a single drop on an outstretched hand. This is the rainiest corner of the province of Jaén, and it hasn’t had any rain for months. The embalses are very low.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In Seville now and the heat has broken! Brief sprinkling of rain, too! 🥳. Still going to be hot and humid tomorrow, but the normal hot and humid of the area in April.

In YESA, Navarra, it is mid-day and 23C. Heat expected on my way to Pamplona on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with 26 to 30C. Walking on roads without shade will be difficult . That mean that one prepares the night before, leave at the crack of dawn with 2 Magdalenas and a cup of coffee.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back