• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Forum search problems

Time of past OR future Camino
Inglès April 2023
Primitivo July 2023
I also don't find the search function on this site very user friendly - if I put in a word or phrase, up come pages and pages of stuff, much of which is irrelevant
That’s exactly the problem I face. For example, looking for any threads on the potential weather in July for the Primitivo I entered: July weather Camino Primitivo. 8 pages, much of which referencing July - on every route . ONE really useful thread on the first two pages - from Nadine, who’s YouTube channel bought me to the Camino in the first place! So yes, I already knew everything that she had to say, because I’ve seen her beautiful videos!
I then tried multiple variants of the above, with mixed results.

Any hints on how to improve my searching would be appreciated - or shall I start a separate thread? It seems to me that alone would be a worthwhile topic

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Bother!!! A case in point. I only intended to quote the last- from Felice- but it’s bought up multiple old quotes, and I can’t remove them in edit. Nor can I find that information by searching!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I also don't find the search function on this site very user friendly - if I put in a word or phrase, up come pages and pages of stuff, much of which is irrelevant. Maybe there have just been too many discussions over the years and the noise now overwhelms the message?
It is possible to use the major search engines to search this site specifically. The search syntax for DuckDuckGo that does that looks like this:

topic site:https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/
or
topic site:https://www.caminodesantiago.me/
if you want to search across the whole site. Other search engines similar functionality.

It is possible to use the major search engines to search this site specifically. The search syntax for DuckDuckGo that does that looks like this:

topic site:https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/
or
topic site:https://www.caminodesantiago.me/
if you want to search across the whole site. Other search engines similar functionality.
While I find most of my answers on this site, it's the results from my Google search that lead me to the correct thread(s) on this site. I'm sure there is an easy way to search efficiently within the forum but my original method works well enough. Will have a look at DuckDuckGo, thanks.

Any hints on how to improve my searching would be appreciated - or shall I start a separate thread? It seems to me that alone would be a worthwhile topic
Use a search term like:

+July +weather Camino +Primitivo site:https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/

in a search engine like DuckDuckGo. I don't know that it will reduce the amount of responses, but it does overcome some of the limitations of the forum's native search engine.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Use a search term like:

+July +weather Camino +Primitivo site:https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/

in a search engine like DuckDuckGo. I don't know that it will reduce the amount of responses, but it does overcome some of the limitations of the forum's native search engine.
When you do narrow the search to only this site, you should remember that there are many other useful resources out there on the internet that might help just as much as we try to do here.

Indeed, I use them. It's the assistance that people like your good self give that I appreciate . Plus I often enjoy the friendly banter !

These posts have been moved to a new thread for separate discussion. I am not able to go into further detail right now, but you might find some help in this thread. In particular, by using the Advanced Search, you can search for "weather July" in the Primitivo forum alone.

To remove quotes you don't want, you can remove them from the quote listing headed "Review selected messages" before adding to your post (you can also reorder them) or you should be able to backspace them out of your post, using the post edit function.

THIS is the answer I got:

Search results for query: death quiet

It is NOT what I entered - 3 separate times!!!
What did you enter into the search, if not that?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Actually, no ,but many thanks !
I was meaning thanks for moving the query on forum search issues to a new thread, as it is clearly a topic in it’s own right. Nor did it fit in the thread into which it was originally introduced.
And as you can see, the fact that the forums search engine changed my query from „delete quote „ to „death quiet „ is , shall we say, a touch odd….

Actually, no ,but many thanks !
I was meaning thanks for moving the query on forum search issues to a new thread, as it is clearly a topic in it’s own right. Nor did it fit in the thread into which it was originally introduced.
And as you can see, the fact that the forums search engine changed my query from „delete quote „ to „death quiet „ is , shall we say, a touch odd….
Yes, very odd. It doesn't do that for me. In fact, I see no spell checking
at all in the forum's search engine. Perhaps it is a setting outside the forum.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I am following the instructions about editing my ACCOUNT DETAILS since I want to change the year of my past/present Camino/s but when I go to this page, the Past/Present Camino/s option is...
Is it possible to private message other members? I have tried clicking on the name of the person I’d like to message (a mod, to ask when the monthly start date threads are posted) but all I see is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.