• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD French Vaccine Passport - February 2022

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanman

Walking for Nature
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy, Francis, Portugal, Norte, West Highland W,
Vaccine Passport

Hello pilgrims.

I have been researching the requirements for a Vaccine Passport for those of us from North America going to France (for me Le Puys)

It is a requirement, and from what I can glean from the Gov't sites you can secure it at a local pharmacy for approx 36 euros (prices vary)

You will need to be double vaccinated AND have had the booster to get one...and from what I have read you need this to get on the trains or to access other services

I don't know how long it takes to get the VP but i assume it's while you wait or same day...but good to be aware of this is you're on a tight schedule. Anyone know how long it takes?

I also think you need to download the TousAntiCovid App so that the V-Passport can be uploaded onto it

If anyone has been thru the process or has a recent (2022) update would love to hear about it - as I'm sure others in this group would too.

Thx!

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Vaccine Passport

Hello pilgrims.

I have been researching the requirements for a Vaccine Passport for those of us from North America.

It is a requirement, and from what I can glean from the Gov't sites you can secure it at a local pharmacy for approx 36 euros (prices vary)

You will need to be double vaccinated AND have had the booster to get one...and from what I have read you need this to get on the trains or to access other services

I don't know how long it takes to get the VP but i assume it's while you wait or same day...but good to be aware of this is you're on a tight schedule. Anyone know how long it takes?

I also think you need to download the TousAntiCovid App so that the V-Passport can be uploaded onto it

If anyone has been thru the process or has a recent (2022) update would love to hear about it - as I'm sure others in this group would too.

Thx!
To be clear - you are referring to France, right?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
All of the official information for U.S. + other non-EU citizens getting a Pass Sanitaire (aka "Vaccine Passport") for travel and other activities in France is here:

The site includes a map of pharmacies that issue the pass, which is stored on the TousAntiCovid app.
Cost cannot exceed 36 euro.
No details on how long it takes but I also assume it's done immediately upon presentation of the correct documentation (which requires a passport plus a physical/paper copy of one's vaccination record).

yes thx Senor - read this and every other gov't doc...but no article that I have found mentions what I'm asking "how long does it take to process it"? Immediate,? Same day?, Next day?...

yes thx Senor - read this and every other gov't doc...but no article that I have found mentions what I'm asking "how long does it take to process it"? Immediate,? Same day?, Next day?...

You also seemed to be uncertain about other things aside from the time frame. I thought providing the official French government link to the information would be helpful to anyone reading this post for similar information.

Edit: According to the site below, the process takes 30 minutes or less once you find a pharmacy that can issue the pass.

(I realize you're looking for someone who has actually completed the process, so please accept my apologies for jumping the gun here.)

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sorry Senor, you are correct, others will find your link very helpful, did not wish to appear unappreciative.

I know what they require (double vax + booster), I know where to get it (pharmacies), roughly how much and that they want you to download an App...but I can't get an answer on a timeline.

But someone will go before i go and all will be clear.

Thanks for sharing your info and Buen Camino

I applied for a Passe Sanitaire on line months ago and it took about 3 months, but the certificate I got seems to have been trumped (no kidding) by a newer streamlined procedure at pharmacies. All my friends in France say I need the QR coded Passe Sanitaire to eat indoors or outdoors. Kathar!na is the resident expert about what you can and cannot do, I would suggest you review some of her recent threads regarding Covid. BTW there is no way you can expect the rules for February to apply to May or any other time, this is fluid situation..

Have a look at this article that describes the procedure.

In short, you should be able to leave the pharmacy with your certificate once all the information has been typed into the computer.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Have a look at this article that describes the procedure.

In short, you should be able to leave the pharmacy with your certificate once all the information has been typed into the computer.
Thx Molly very helpful !
Although it looks like it might be a bit of a challenge!
Great article but who knows how things will be come May, hopefully smoother thx again.

I cannot talk from experience in France.
In Germany pharmacies issue the digital vaccination pass in less than 30 minutes (no fee).
I have no doubt the french will be as fast as the germans.

Upon arrival in France just stop at the airport pharmacy and get it.

You‘re overthinking it. 😉

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Vaccine Passport

Hello pilgrims.

I have been researching the requirements for a Vaccine Passport for those of us from North America going to France (for me Le Puys)

Thx!
Wish I could help but being in the UK our rules are slightly different for entering France ..I am coming over to start the Camino Frances on the 25th March and as it stands I need our NHS APP showing I have had all 3 vaccines plus I need to have a negative test 24 hours before I depart and the cost for that is £40 , but as you know things can change at anytime but it would be interesting to know the percentage figure of pilgrims compared to pre covid..anyway have a lovely time , enjoy and take care .

I have a friend who just did this in France. His time in the pharmacy was under 20 minutes. It was mid-day.

BTW, my airline advised me not to waste time researching this now, but to wait until 30 days before my travel starts. I understand why it's hard not to.

Hi. I went through this in December with the Health Pass, although I believe the procedure will be the same. I got my pass at CDG airport and discuss all the details in this YouTube video. Hope it's helpful!!

E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T !!!

That should be obligatory viewing/listening for anyone interested in this topic.

Detailed description of experience in December 2021. The pharmacy in terminal 2E of CDG airport offers conversion service for CDC cards. It's quick. You recommend to download the TousAntiCovid app beforehand and it is easy to install.

Thank you!

(PS: I understand what happened with your wife's data. They gave you a QR code for the booster jab at first, and because it was so recent, they also gave you a QR for the second jab).

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I cannot talk from experience in France.
In Germany pharmacies issue the digital vaccination pass in less than 30 minutes (no fee).
I have no doubt the french will be as fast as the germans.

Upon arrival in France just stop at the airport pharmacy and get it.

You‘re overthinking it. 😉
Best response yet. Thank you! I just checked the info for the pharmacies at the airport, and I don't know what 7j/7 means, do you? I am going to guess that J stands for "jour" meaning then that they are open 7 days a week. Think that's a good guess?

Best response yet. Thank you! I just checked the info for the pharmacies at the airport, and I don't know what 7j/7 means, do you? I am going to guess that J stands for "jour" meaning then that they are open 7 days a week. Think that's a good guess?
You are correct. Open every day. Now if you find 24h/24 you're really set.

€46,-
That's an excellent video from WanderLustingLawyer - thanks.

American travelers please note that, in addition to the famous CDC Vaccination Card distributed in the U.S., many American pharmacies (CVS, Walgreen's, etc.) maintain records of your vaccinations. You can access these online and print them and they include (yay!) a QR code. However... this code is NOT compatible (boo!) with the European vaccination-tracking system and CANNOT be scanned by the TousAntiCovid app. So don't bother bringing your American QR code to France, but do bring your CDC card.

American travelers please note that, in addition to the famous CDC Vaccination Card distributed in the U.S., many American pharmacies (CVS, Walgreen's, etc.) maintain records of your vaccinations. You can access these online and print them and they include (yay!) a QR code. However... this code is NOT compatible (boo!) with the European vaccination-tracking system and CANNOT be scanned by the TousAntiCovid app. So don't bother bringing your American QR code to France, but do bring your CDC card.
Just to add to this conversation, if you live in California you can obtain your vaccine record and a QR code from the California Department of Public Health. It's very quick and easy to get. I believe there are 7 (or more) other states that use a similar system.

For Californians: myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov

Give the system your email or cell and it will send a link to your record and QR code. Print as a PDF and/or screenshot for your phone.

This will not take the place of a French QR code, but will probably streamline the process at the pharmacy.

A US state app will get you into most places in France, but not 100%. If other plans to get I to the French system go awry, it'll keep you from starving.

Thank you, Senor, for the two websites you provided. Both were extremely helpful and clear about the requirements. The 2nd one, Paris by Mouth, also provides a link to the pharmacies at the airports that will provide the vaccine equivalency health pass if you are not leaving the airport. Seems like a relatively painless process.

Seen on the website of SNCF (French Railways), updated on 31 January 2022:

Bring your vaccine pass. If you cannot present a vaccine pass, you are subject to a €135 fine.​
Imho, go to a pharmacy in France as soon as possible after arrival and have your vaccination data converted to a digital French/EU vaccination pass.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm flying into Lyon, there is a pharmacy there but it's not listed on the government website as offering the Vaccine Passport (VP)...if they don't, I'm wondering how I get on the train safely?

Of course thousands of out of country people must be facing the same situation every week arriving in Lyon airport so there must be a solution - I have checked the Lyon airport website but have not found anything mentioning the the VP - has anyone been recently or found info in the airport.

Thx!

Of course thousands of out of country people must be facing the same situation every week arriving in Lyon airport so there must be a solution - I have checked the Lyon airport website but have not found anything mentioning the the VP - has anyone been recently or found info in the airport.
I'm not doing this for everybody but ... this thread needs to end 😁.

The list of pharmacies on the French government's website with addresses of pharmacies who do the conversion of an American CDC card into a French pass vaccinal is incomplete. And when you email pharmacies they may or may not reply.

We know for certain that one pharmacy in SJPP and one pharmacy in CDG airport does the conversion. They are not on the list of the French ministry's website.

We can now add the pharmacy in Lyon airport to this list. Their contact details are here: https://www.lyonaeroports.com/commerces/boutiques/pharmacie

I talked to le monsieur on the phone right now. Question of a few minutes. Yes, yes, they do the conversion. It costs €25 at their place. Just to make sure I asked what to bring: US passport and US vaccination card.

Bon voyage!

We can now add the pharmacy in Lyon airport to this list. Their contact details are here: https://www.lyonaeroports.com/commerces/boutiques/pharmacie

I talked to le monsieur on the phone right now. Question of a few minutes. Yes, yes, they do the conversion. It costs €25 at their place. Just to make sure I asked what to bring: US passport and US vaccination card.
Oops, your are from Canada, @Sanman, and not from the United States. It's the same thing, though.

Grande Pharmacie Lyon Saint Nizier​

not a long walk from some of the more important train stations

It explicitly offers "getting a vaccine equivalency health pass"

This pharmacy in Terminal 1 of the airport at Lyon in France converts non-EU vaccination certificates into the French vaccination pass.

Lyon pharmacie.jpg

Confirmed on February 4, 2022 by personal telephone conversation.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm not doing this for everybody but ... this thread needs to end 😁.

The list of pharmacies on the French government's website with addresses of pharmacies who do the conversion of an American CDC card into a French pass vaccinal is incomplete. And when you email pharmacies they may or may not reply.

We know for certain that one pharmacy in SJPP and one pharmacy in CDG airport does the conversion. They are not on the list of the French ministry's website.

Bon voyage!
Thx for your help - made my day - I'm officially signing off but really appreciate everyone's help (clearly lots of people like me needed help) Buen Camino

General request to those who contribute to threads in which the OP has asked a specific covid question about a specific place in a specific country —- PLEASE make sure that you are directly responsive only to the original question.

If you have a slightly different question, start a different thread. Though many, if not most, of our threads meander around from slightly related comments to unrelated comments and back again, it is terribly frustrating for the people who are both trying to receive good information and give good information on covid if there are well-intentioned but unresponsive (off-topic) comments.

The situation is confusing enough without adding multiple topics to the same thread. Thanks to everyone!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi,
I did this last month in France. Super easy and fast. Put the Tous anti covid app on your phone ahead of time. At the pharmacy they will check your vaccine documents then give you a QR code then you are done. It is great to have this app and you can use in the EU not just France. It is done in a few minutes. I did this in Central Paris, but a friend did it at the CDG airport pharmacy last week, was only 15 minutes to complete.
Good Luck ,enjoy your trip!

Hi All, I was in Paris last week. Arrived on a Sunday. Got to the hotel and asked; they directed me to a pharmacy nearby that is opened 7/7 until 23:00 each night. Got there; they asked for my passport (I am Canadian) and the canadian vaccine record; within about 5 minutes, I got a printed version of the EU vaccine passport. Paid 36 euros and got out. No appointement needed. There is indeed a list of pharmacies where you can go; but in large cities like Paris, you have many options.

Hi All, I was in Paris last week. Arrived on a Sunday. Got to the hotel and asked; they directed me to a pharmacy nearby that is opened 7/7 until 23:00 each night. Got there; they asked for my passport (I am Canadian) and the canadian vaccine record; within about 5 minutes, I got a printed version of the EU vaccine passport. Paid 36 euros and got out. No appointement needed. There is indeed a list of pharmacies where you can go; but in large cities like Paris, you have many options.
Thx very much for the update and from a Canadian (good info) - only wish i was flying to Paris!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

As it stands here in the UK I download my covid passport on 25th February which states I have had my two vaccines and my booster vaccine then I add it to my online check in details which is held by Ryanair ..two days before my departure to France I must have a pcr test where they then send that via email and I attach that to my check in details enabling me to board my flight on 25th March to Biarritz for the camino ...that's if the French authorities don't change the current rules for the British to enter their country

Vaccine Passport

Hello pilgrims.

Thx!
Go onto the French govt site to get your passport before flying out as you’ll need it for the plane and on arrival

€46,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back