Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

From Cluny to Le Puy

bjorgts

Past OR future Camino
I just wanted to tell on the forum that my husband and I walked for two weeks from Cluny to Le Puy in June. Or we nearly went to Le Puy. Because of the heat and walking a lot up and down the first week, we did not reach our aim. (After a week we did not try either!)

Why tell you this? For several reasons. This is a route not very well known. We met 4 other walkers for two weeks. So if you want solitude, this is a good place! One of the 4 who we met, had been walking from Strasbourg. We saw in the guest-books that he was not the only one doing that. Both people and landscape were very friendly. The planners of this route have made great efforts to avoid big roads. The result is a very nice walk on paths and small roads. The asphalt-walking is seldom. The result is also a lot of walking up and down hillsides, and some days with much walking in forests, but we found that nice.

There are not many albergues, but enough Gîte de etappes. Usually people book ahead, but we did not. We like the Spanish way of just walking and see what happens, and since we were almost alone, we found a place to sleep. (With some trouble a couple of times.)

There are two good guide-books, and you need them both; one for the walking and one for the places to sleep. I can give the names, and of course a lot of other more concrete information about the route if somebody is interested.

I have been walking in Spain every year since 2003. This walking in June was our first walking in France, and we want to go back and continue. (We walked from Caceres to Zamora in April.) So I am now one of those who find the caminos both in Spain and in France nice, but different.

Please ask if there is someone who wants more information.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated