• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Gear up in Sarria

Denniswalkcamino

Viviendo el sueno
Time of past OR future Camino
CF,CP,VDLP,CI,CS,CN
Hola peregrinos,

I'm walking from Sarria in June with my uncle. I was just wondering if it's possible to get most of our gears including backpack, poles, shoes, hat, some clothing in Sarria instead of bringing everything from home? Are there decent gear stores in Sarria? And which albergue to stay in Sarria? Thanks.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
in Sarria the shop Peregrinoteca, rua Benigno Quiroga 16, is a handy place to buy gear. They are located on the edge of the camino and have a great selection. See more here.

For places to stay in Sarria checkout
this list from the Gronze Camino Frances on line guide.

Happy planning and Buen camino to you both.

Last edited:
get most of our gears including backpack, poles, shoes, hat, some clothing in Sarria
Yes, but I would strongly advise you to get and test your shoes at home, where you will likely have a better selection. It is too important to have the right shoes, to leave them until the last minute!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Excellent. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to start walking in June.
Yes, but I would strongly advise you to get and test your shoes at home, where you will likely have a better selection. It is too important to have the right shoes, to leave them until the last minute!
Yes, that's great advice. Blisters will be a real deal-breaker on the Camino. Noted with thanks.

I also think it is a good idea to buy your backpack and test it out on some long hikes. You never know how well a pack is truly going to feel on your back and hips until you walk with it. It might pinch or rub or any number of other things that will not be revealed by just trying it on and walking around the store.

Most read last week in this forum