• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting exited about my trip.

Coffee Bean

Time of past OR future Camino
Will be traveling El Camino with friend the first week of June. We are very exited.
Will be arriving in Sarria ( have reservation in Sarria) on June 3rd.
Will start El Camino on June 5th should I make reservation ahead? This is my itinerary ( flexible I may split June 6th )

June 5th Sarria to Castromaior 31.3 km
June 6th Castromaior to Melide 30.9km
June 7th Melide to Arzua 13.9km
June 8th Arzua to Arca/Pedrouzo 20.3
June 9th Arca to Santiago 20 km
Any recommendation for a small hotels along the way.?
Thank you in advance! 😊

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Will be arriving in Sarria ( have reservation in Sarria) on June 3rd.
Will start El Camino on June 5th should I make reservation ahead? This is my itinerary ( flexible I may split June 6th )

June 5th Sarria to Castromaior 31.3 km
June 6th Castromaior to Melide 30.9km
June 7th Melide to Arzua 13.9km
June 8th Arzua to Arca/Pedrouzo 20.3
June 9th Arca to Santiago 20 km
Any recommendation for a small hotels along the way.?
Thank you in advance! 😊
Are you used to walking long distances? If not, starting with two 30+ km days might be a bit much.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes. I’m traveling with a friend we are walking everyday, we feel we can do it. If we get tired then we will stop. We have 3 extra days cushion if we need to take it slow.

Yes. I’m traveling with a friend we are walking everyday, we feel we can do it. If we get tired then we will stop. We have 3 extra days cushion if we need to take it slow.
Before you go make sure to walk at least 10 miles for at least three consecutive days. This will help you determine if your shoe/sock combination is working for you, and where you might be blister prone. The balls of my feet are where I tend to get hot spots, so I apply some Ominifix tape to them daily - it's my insurance policy against blisters.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If you are trying to avoid the Brierly stages you could do this, which gives you a gentler start.
View attachment 56485

Or go "full Brierly" with these more evenly spaced stages
View attachment 56486
If you are trying to avoid the Brierly stages you could do this, which gives you a gentler start.
View attachment 56485

Or go "full Brierly" with these more evenly spaced stages
View attachment 56486
Will look at this options. Gracias!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Not sure I would stay an extra day In Sarria. I would get started on the 4th.
With a shorter day. and avoid those 2 x 30 km days!
And that's a big first day :eek: It's not all flat ;)

There ain't a lot to do in Sarria!
And whilst you spend a day.........not doing much..........you'll just be watching a stream of Pilgrims setting out :(

...Any recommendation for a small hotels along the way.?...

If your planned stops change mid-Camino, I'm looking forward to staying at Albergue-Pensión Turístico Salceda (between Melide and Santiago).
8 beds in a dormitory, but also attached to a hotel that I've read good reports about.
pousadadesalceda@gmail.com
+34 981 502 767

Enjoy!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

And whilst you spend a day.........not doing much..........you'll just be watching a stream of Pilgrims setting out :(
Great point. Gracias.

If your planned stops change mid-Camino, I'm looking forward to staying at Albergue-Pensión Turístico Salceda (between Melide and Santiago).
8 beds in a dormitory, but also attached to a hotel that I've read good reports about.
pousadadesalceda@gmail.com
+34 981 502 767

Enjoy!
Fantástico!! Gracias.

Robo, my thoughts exactly.
Why not walk the short 5km to Barbadelo and spend the day around the swimming pool. It has private and shared accommodations and the last time I was there a very good restaurant.
BTW, unless there has been some major changes lately, Castromaior is the pits. I have been forced to stay there twice due to very bad weather. Casa Maruja is awful and the kind lady that runs the one and only bodega across the street is very sweet and kind but she doesn't have the resources to do much more than huevos frites and bacon.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you sooo much for the update. I will take your advice and start moving the next day. How difficult is to find a hotel room if you do not have reservations. Just curious. Muchísimas gracias. 😊

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back