• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting replies regarding Altus

sriyantra

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances September "2014"
Hi Everyone,
I have sent two emails in the last week to both Caminoteca and Peregrinoteca with a request for cost to post 2 Altus ponchos to Australia. I also had a question on a bag which I sent as a third email to Caminoteca. To date I have not had a reply. Is there something happening in Spain e.g. holiday period? I sent the emails in English, should I have translated it into Spanish? Too difficult and expensive to ring from my landline in Australia. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Sriyantra

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Everyone,
I have sent two emails in the last week to both Caminoteca and Peregrinoteca with a request for cost to post 2 Altus ponchos to Australia. I also had a question on a bag which I sent as a third email to Caminoteca. To date I have not had a reply. Is there something happening in Spain e.g. holiday period? I sent the emails in English, should I have translated it into Spanish? Too difficult and expensive to ring from my landline in Australia. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Sriyantra

I ordered 2 atmospheric ponchos (old model) from Peregrinoteca about 6 weeks ago. They were delivered pronto to Germany with FedEx within a few days. Since then I've also been receiving promotional email from them with special prices for exactly these ponchos which I paid over 40 euros each from memory. The discount price as advertised in the emails was around 29 euros if I remember correctly. It's a shame I didn't get this price the first time round. I also mentioned when placing the order that we only wanted the old model (due to the fact that the new one has elastic cuffs ans doesn't let the sweat out) and they replied quickly to reassure me that the old models were being sent. The communication was more that satisfactory. I can't imagine why you're not getting through? Perhaps try calling? They do speak English.

Cheers,

The German

I ordered 2 atmospheric ponchos (old model) from Peregrinoteca about 6 weeks ago. They were delivered pronto to Germany with FedEx within a few days. Since then I've also been receiving promotional email from them with special prices for exactly these ponchos which I paid over 40 euros each from memory. The discount price as advertised in the emails was around 29 euros if I remember correctly. It's a shame I didn't get this price the first time round. I also mentioned when placing the order that we only wanted the old model (due to the fact that the new one has elastic cuffs ans doesn't let the sweat out) and they replied quickly to reassure me that the old models were being sent. The communication was more that satisfactory. I can't imagine why you're not getting through? Perhaps try calling? They do speak English.

Cheers,

Thanks Herman, I decided that the prices were good, as you said they have been reduced, and I navigated around the site and found a fixed charge to Australia so I have ordered 2 of the Altus ponchos. Ticking off the list of requirements.
Sonia

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I also had excellent correspondence with Peregrinoteca - in fact they advised me not to order an Altus if I wanted to stay dry!!!!! I ended up getting a Packa and on my one wet walk so far have been impressed. Of course, it is much more expensive than an Altus, but if it works, it will be worth every penny!

I also had excellent correspondenseemswith Peregrinoteca - in fact they advised me not to order an Altus if I wanted to stay dry!!!!! I ended up getting a Packa and on my one wet walk so far have been impressed. Of course, it is much more expensive than an Altus, but if it works, it will be worth every penny!

I am having a hard time with this advice. Did you buy the Packas through them..it seems to me that the winner is Peregrinoteca. I'm going to wait til I get to SJPDP to get mine.

Kris

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Can you buy a Packa anywhere except from the guy who makes them? I thought you had to order through him directly.

Just want to add to Rachel's information. The fairly new 'edition' of the medium green Altus that covers the backpack is nylon and not waterproof. It was ok for mist and sprinkles, none of it for heavy rain and heavy mist. Too bad, the style is perfect!!

Packa can only be bought from the packa man.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...
Hello all. I am planning my first camino end of May. fly into Porto and head north. I plan on staying in Albergos and had a few questions. Should I being my own towel? How far in advance do I...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.