• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting started on birthday walk

noramo3

Time of past OR future Camino
april 2016
60 BIRTHDAY PRESENT. my family of 3 plan for 10 day hike starting in Paris area. Thoughts on route? Also, would like to know how to get the certificate of distance since we will not make it to Spain this trip. And with Pilgrim Passport ok for 17 yr. old to stay in the hostels?? Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
noramo3,

Welcome to the Forum!

For some ideas re your birthday walk read this earlier Forum thread and follow the links.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/paris-tours-way-via-turonesis.37485/

For several French guides to the route known as the Via Turonensis see http://viaturonensis.pagesperso-orange.fr/iti.htm

For a good overview in English see http://www.traildino.com/trace/continents-Europe/countries-France/trails-GR655_-_Via_Turonensis

Bon chemin, Buen camino and Happy Birthday!

MM

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you intend to carry on another year to SdeC you could get a pilgrim's passport each (in UK from Confraternity of St James) and get stamps along the way this time - then carry on another year. 17 year olds are fine - I met an unaccompanied 13 year old pilgrim on the Camino Norte!

how long does it usually take to get the credencial mailed to you once you request one?

You have to join the Confraternity of St. James in London to get one from them, they advise asking at least a month before to be sure. They have a mine of info online and in their office and also set up 'Pilgrim days' where you can find out from other walkers/cyclists what to expect from a pilgrimage.
You can also get the Credencial from the shop on this site - that would be quicker I think, stuff usually arrives within a few days.
You need at least one stamp a day, each albergue or 'halte' in France will have one. But also churches (when they are open, and if they can find it!) tourist offices and bars. It is worth asking anywhere you go... They are a brilliant reminder of the places you have visited.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
i ordered from Iv
You can also get a credencial from Ivar on this forum. He posts them out pretty fast. Check the link to the Forum Shop at the top left of page.[/QUOTE
I did order from Ivar Im just wondering how long it takes to get it. :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back